• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I usually pair it with a grey elephant-skin strap.

img0569r.jpg

Are those cigarettes Chunghwa?, and did the lighter belong to a Suadi Royal Family?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm picking this up in a couple hours and I'll post some pics but I'm thinking about putting on a NATO bond style strap. How do you think that would look compared to the bracelet?
41nuTWRsTjL_SS500_.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both will look good. Also try leather straps (honey, black) and a canvas strap. Fun to play around with straps.

Congrats

ACDoyle

Reaction score
I haven't seen Chunghwa's in wide pack like that before, are they available in the US?
I have smoked the 11mg and the 15mg and the ones available in SoCal has no Tar content but is around 10mg

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy pics but I'm pretty psyched about this even though it's very modest compared to everything on here. Pictures don't do it justice. It's such a solid well built piece. I don't know how they sell it for what they do. Perfect size too at 44mm. Big enough to stand out but not too big where it looks tacky. I'm looking for a cool NATO band to put on it.
Photo32.jpg
Photo33.jpg
Photo34.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ACDoyle
I haven't seen Chunghwa's in wide pack like that before, are they available in the US? I have smoked the 11mg and the 15mg and the ones available in SoCal has no Tar content but is around 10mg
I think this is 13MG. I was in Beijing for a while so these were fairly available; the square box seems to be just another style of packaging with the same price as the regular rectangular "hard-pack". The soft-packs are pricier. Where in Southern California do you get Chunghwas? They don't even sell it at the duty free shops at the Beijing Capital airport.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
spmye.jpg

/M

My wife looked at my watches and said 'Why do they all have dials at the bottom and the sides?' I did the research and learned that I love anything powered by the Lemania 1873. In short - great watch.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think this is 13MG. I was in Beijing for a while so these were fairly available; the square box seems to be just another style of packaging with the same price as the regular rectangular "hard-pack". The soft-packs are pricier.

Where in Southern California do you get Chunghwas? They don't even sell it at the duty free shops at the Beijing Capital airport.

A Chinese/Asian Supermarket called Diho in Artesia - Albertis Avenue
Chunghwa's are imported to the US, the importer is Papio in Omaha - 1-888-688-5915

They are available at the Shanghai Airport - at around $8/pack which is too expensive

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that faded pepsi bezel is incredible. a friend is trying to sell me his newish GMT ceramic- the black bezel etc looks pretty cool in theory but the whole thing is just too chunky and shiny for me to have any emotional reaction to it. these older ones just have so much soul to them.
love the speedy on brown leather too, im going to have to copy that.
how many watches do you own, just out of interest???

nozorro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Another modest (in comparison to the other postings) contribution.
But I like it:
52929522.jpg

(I have been wondering if I should go with a different color strap though)

Love the look of this watch. Have one myself. Think it's one of the better looking chronographs regardless of price.

Confucius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Crappy pics but I'm pretty psyched about this even though it's very modest compared to everything on here. Pictures don't do it justice. It's such a solid well built piece. I don't know how they sell it for what they do. Perfect size too at 44mm. Big enough to stand out but not too big where it looks tacky. I'm looking for a cool NATO band to put on it.
Photo34.jpg

Really nice piece. Much nicer than the original web-borrowed pic. I do think it's a smidge too big for your wrist though, but each to his own!

Is it a Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads