• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

aoluffy

Reaction score
get smaller balls.

BTW, are any ways to minimise stretching in waist of denim? Will wearing a belt help?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
How tight is a jean supposed to be around your balls? Is felling them push your balls up a little each time you walk too tight? Are you supposed to have a loose compartment down there?

For my 3sixteens's straight, the legs fit fine, but I have a flatter ass so its loose in the rear. I can pull it up to commpensate slightly but theres this problem.

sup big ball bro

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aoluffy
get smaller balls.

BTW, are any ways to minimise stretching in waist of denim? Will wearing a belt help?

if you wear a belt then stretching should be minimal, as long as you wear it tight enough

MickJag

Reaction score
What is the fit like for the Uniqlo T-000? Is the fit extremely skinny like the Levi's 510?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexwgoody
Right now I'm thinking that I want to get some STF Ande Whall Cougars. I want something a little less slim after spending the last 6 months with NC's. But anyway, I am having trouble deciding on getting a 33 or 34 waist. 2 inches below my belly button measures 2 1/4 inches, and 3 inches below measures 32 1/2 inches. I am afraid that getting a 33 will end up being too tight when I soak them, and a 34 will be too loose when they stretch back out, which I don't think will take very long. I'm also wondering if It's cool to get STF's and not soak them, and once I need my wash, I could just get in the tub with them. does that make sense to do? Please give me some guidance.

Absolutely not.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soak them first dude. if you wear them they're not gonna fit right and then once they hit water, all teh fadez and **** will move....hence, shrink to fit.

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
How tight is a jean supposed to be around your balls? Is felling them push your balls up a little each time you walk too tight? Are you supposed to have a loose compartment down there?

For my 3sixteens's straight, the legs fit fine, but I have a flatter ass so its loose in the rear. I can pull it up to commpensate slightly but theres this problem.

Ball room will depend on the cut and the manufacturer (expect some stretching), but by your description, yeah, too tight. How do they fit elswhere (especially throught the seat)?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexwgoody
Right now I'm thinking that I want to get some STF Ande Whall Cougars. I want something a little less slim after spending the last 6 months with NC's. But anyway, I am having trouble deciding on getting a 33 or 34 waist. 2 inches below my belly button measures 2 1/4 inches, and 3 inches below measures 32 1/2 inches. I am afraid that getting a 33 will end up being too tight when I soak them, and a 34 will be too loose when they stretch back out, which I don't think will take very long. I'm also wondering if It's cool to get STF's and not soak them, and once I need my wash, I could just get in the tub with them. does that make sense to do? Please give me some guidance.
33 or 34 stf will work for you in the waist(33 will stretch some, and the 34 won't stretch much since it won't be really tight). Look at the thigh sizes and go with what will fit you better there (large thighs go 34, small thighs go 33). I have 22-23" thighs and a 32.5" waist and went with a 33 sanforized (equivalent to 34 stf). I could of went an inch smaller in the waist, but the thighs would definitely of been too small.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thought
I am looking for a basic Raw Denim jean, straight cut. Dark Indigo with a button fly, no pocket designs or blatant branding. Recommend me some brands please, I don't have the stomach to search through this forum. I was thinking about Eternal 811s or whatever they are, but I just realized they are one-wash and I would really prefer raw. I already have a pair of APC's that are pretty beat, if I can't find anything similar that I like I think I will just get another pair of those (
biggrin.gif
) and since I know the SF mindset is against APC, hopefully I will get some good tips! Thanks!

I've got some new unworn Momotaro jeans (similar to APC NS in cut and incredible jeans) for sale on EBay right now. Size 30 waist, 32 inseam. I've dropped the price to something competitive with APC.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Which Japanese denim jeans are cut similar to APC NS? I'm looking for a straight or slim but not skinny pair that will produce high contrast fades. I picked up a pair of Eternal 811s, which are great, but the repro vintage fit isn't suitable for slimmer fits. Thanks for your help.

See my above post re: Momotaro jeans FS... ^^

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fortysomething
Ball room will depend on the cut and the manufacturer (expect some stretching), but by your description, yeah, too tight. How do they fit elswhere (especially throught the seat)?

Another point (to elaborate on fortysomething's here), is that there's a direct correlation between the jean's rise, waist tightness/stretch and crotch, um, 'snugness'.

For example, a pair of jeans with an average 11" rise but a very tight waist on you will sit higher on your hips, hence, the crotch will sit higher until the waist stretches. A lower rise jean, but with a looser waist on you may actually sit lower on your hips and give you a roomier crotch than the higher rise jeans.

A lot has to do with waist tightness, which may work itself out as you wear them and the waist stretches. Give them time, since you can't return them now anyway.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Right now I'm looking at a pair of LVC 1944 501's and I'm having trouble which size to get with these. My Crate Route's in size 33 are a perfect fit for me if that could be a reference point. The measurements are the same minus the higher rise on the 501's. Should I get the 34's in the 1944s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads