• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup, I have a pair in olive and they're some of my favorites. Really durable and can take a beating.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
No kidding. I recommend these as I own two, they're great shorts and remind me of the EG Fatigue Shorts for those who like that sort of thing.

my buddy grabbed a pair of those camp shorts in olive and they are almost identical to my EG ones at a glance. both great shorts.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it was mentioned that they are the regular fit. It's a good width for pants of this nature and weight.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, regular fit. Much like the officers chinos.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
was able to snap up a quick couple shots of the russell mocs i grabbed from the men's shop. only complaint is that i wish the laces were leather, but i plan on fixing that this weekend:

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pair I got are the best fitting J.Crew pants i've ever tried on. Just bought my normal size but since sizing is generally all over the place I think i got a little lucky.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
was able to snap up a quick couple shots of the russell mocs i grabbed from the men's shop. only complaint is that i wish the laces were leather, but i plan on fixing that this weekend:

Those are sweet. What were they charging for them and how did you find the sizing?

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
I think it was mentioned that they are the regular fit. It's a good width for pants of this nature and weight.

+1

These are really great pants, almost like them as much as the officer chinos.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Those are sweet. What were they charging for them and how did you find the sizing?

they retail for $197, which is the same price russell has listed for their mocs in the catalog.

i sized these the same as my quoddy's, meaning i went down a half size from true size. for reference, i wear a 10.5 in quoddy, vans authentics, and 10's in clark's DB.

i know that sizes and stock are pretty limited on these, and they do take phone orders for these.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow only $197? So instead of saving up for the j.crewxsperry chukka seems like I should just go the extra mile and pick up the russell collab.

chiamdream

Reaction score
That's a pretty reasonable price. Did pictures ever surface of whatever they were going to do with Quoddy? Was it another chukka?

sonicreducer

Reaction score
i used to have the j.crew x sperry's and they were alright, but nothing special. it's really worth it, in my opinion, to spend the extra $80 or so and get a handmade in the USA product that you don't see everyday.

i haven't heard anything in regards to a quoddy collaboration, i do know that a new red wing chukka will be coming out soon.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I tried on the sperry collab this weekend and I really liked them but $70 more for russells is a no brainer. i don't really have a choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads