• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But then some dude will think "Oh look, an unanswered question, I'll be the hero for today!" and answer the question in great detail.

Or the OP will think "Oh, nobody knew the answer, well I'll ask again another time."

Just responding with a link to appropriate mega thread should suffice.

---

In other news, I told my mum the brand of a sweater I just bought used because she liked it as well as other brands that make similar sweaters (long sleeves & body, skiny sleeves, modern fabric blend and colours) and it's kind of creepy to see my mum's notepad on my desk with the name "Robert Geller" written on it. Last time I talked to her about my clothes she wrote down "Ann Demeulemeester" (I spelt it for her) and "Alexander McQueen". I'm thinking she's either biased towards what I buy because she knows no other high end designers, or our tastes simply coincide because of genetics or chance.

coretic

Reaction score
So Robert Geller wants to lift our moods,utilizing colour to influence emotions for ss10,great,everything I do own by him is pretty much variations of a shade of grey.I welcome colour.just not yellow.

AndrewRyanWallace;2440522 said:
^Damn I forgot how good Ervell FW'09 looked. I hope a lot of that **** makes it to the rack. Anyone know of any stockists who have received their first shipment?
QUOTE]

Well my fw09 wishlist jacket is the sky blue shearling jean jacket and a few stockists have ordered it so im hoping it gets produced.
Then again his stockists are dropping like flies,the one on his website is fantasy.Hes prices have gone up,so certain stores have pulled out.Im not even sure if hes doing a show this season.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you want to stop the stupid threads I'd suggest just giving up and letting them do it. Just have another forum within SW/D where all the real discussion takes place.

It's either that or give mod to a few more people and rule with an iron fist. Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

This is actually a fantastic idea, for people who want to post to have to pay for registration, it would weed out stupid posters + give admins money to work on the servers (no offense but I've yet to find a forum that goes down/refuses to load more often than styleforum - this is including sufu which will have the odd hickup).

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
This is actually a fantastic idea, for people who want to post to have to pay for registration, it would weed out stupid posters + give admins money to work on the servers (no offense but I've yet to find a forum that goes down/refuses to load more often than styleforum - this is including sufu which will have the odd hickup).
hope u don't have 10 bux

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brimley

Reaction score
Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

Would never happen, if for no better reason than keeping the affiliates happy.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not have paid to join the forum when I first found it.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I'm not 100% serious about going pay only (even though I'd personally want it) but if it did I'd suggest making everything readable. Only posting would cost money. Works pretty well for SA forums anyways. Also given the current state I sort of wouldn't want to pay either if I was new. I mean, look at the first page of any forum. It's all dumb **** like SHOULD I BUY DESIGNER JEANS? MC is even worse so I'm not going to go into that.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

+1 If SF was pay to play it would collapse in short order. Worst idea ever.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just have another forum within SW/D where all the real discussion takes place.

This thread has become that place.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd pay $20 just to get my daily fill of people putting the smack down on Xenox

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say a 25-50 post requirement before creating a new thread would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads