• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Maybe the stateside release of Afrika? I grabbed the free theme off of the Japanese store so I'm kind of hyped for that again.

So did I, dynamic theme is pretty cool.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If somebody would have said the next GTA will be called "the ballad of gay Tony" a year ago, I would have laughed ****** off and told them to get the F out.

I know I'm late but I'm still waiting for it to be a late April fools joke.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Eh, you seem to really be into action games, but the other PS3 titles I think are must-haves besides those are Everyday Shooter, LittleBigPlanet, PixelJunk Eden, PixelJunk Monsters, Siren: Blood Curse, Wipeout HD, Echochrome and Noby Noby Boy. LittleBigPlanet is definitely one of the best games of this console generation while Everyday Shooter is a personal favourite... very impacting.
Haha I doubt this guy is going to be into Noby Noby Boy, that game ("game") is goofy as hell. Everyday Shooter and Wipeout HD are unimpeachable though. Additionally he should be checking out Street Fighter 4, maybe BlazBlue if he's into 2d fighters, Warhawk for sure (very under-appreciated game), and the Rainbow Six games.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
It's not a silenced class, it's a shotgun class. I picked the shotgun and started from there through trial and error and despite how it looks on paper, it works quite well. Obviously the biggest downfall is range, and for that simple reason it's not a class that should be used on most maps (it could, but not as well as it would on other maps).

The class is essentially, all about being a ninja. You'd think that with a non-silenced weapon, the UAV jammer would be worthless. Not so. The goal is to move around, and move around *quickly*. Stopping power is redundant, the issue isn't the power but the range, and the best way to get around that is to be able to get close enough to use it (you'd be surprised at the range sometimes).

With the semi-auto shotgun, you can pull off two quick shots and kill people most of the time without ever looking down the sights (hence steady aim, I never ever look down the sites no no red dot). It only takes 1 shot up close to kill, 2 to finish them off/in case the first one misses, giving you 2 more shots to fire just in case. Of course, you have to make this decision in a matter of a split second, and always keep your gun constantly reloaded.

You'd be surprised out how dumb other players are, given the UAV jammer. A short pop on the radar, a very well experienced player *might* be able to deduce your future paths based on the split second dot but usually you're gone, far away from that area and constantly moving around kind of rendering it useless.

The class works in a very specific way, and you have to play in a very specific way. It requires a very innate knowledge of the maps, so much that if someone flashes on the screen you should be able to deduce where they're going by 1.) their location 2.) the pathways of the map and 3.) your allies and where they are facing/shooting. It might be difficult to get used to, but it's not to be underestimated because it doesn't look well on paper.

A lot of people who use the shotgun don't use the weapons advantage to their advantage. They just run around in the wide open popping of shots and complaining that it "sucks". The key is to move their wide open spaces with the pistol out and switch to the shotty as soon as you get in close. Also, I have come to notice that most of the time you can just fire from the hip and get a kill pretty easily without steady aim. If you aim down the sights the shotguns range will be much much greater. If you don't use a jammer on your shotgun class you might as well forget about using it because you need to be close and unpredictable when using it.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finished playing Fight Night Round 4, it was OK but sold it on eBay. Bought it new and almost got back what I paid.
Originally Posted by Reggs
Anyone playing Batman: Arkham Asylum?
batman-arkham-asylum.jpg
I'm really enjoying myself with it. Everything looks very brutal, and Batman is built like a tank. The story is fast moving, and all the voice actors are back from the 90s cartoon. It's also the only Batman game I can think of that showcases his stealth. The straight up fighting gets dull fast, but you can unlock more combo movies if you want. I'm dumping all of my XP into stealth/armor/batarang perks.

I have NO games at home now so I tried a ton of demos this week. Batman looks pretty good. It's old but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is only $15 on eBay.. I hear it adds to the SW universe so I'm considering it. Resident Evil 5 demo was pretty frustrating with the mechanics but I might try it. Also considering Fallout 3. Anyone like these games? I mostly buy games used so I'm waiting for Batman to show up for $30 but meanwhile would like to pick up a couple of titles. Call of Duty (and other MP) is too much time suck for me. I got pretty good at COD4.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE5 is the same as in the demo; dumb AI partner and very frustrating controls. The only way to play Fallout 3 is on PC since you have 100s of nerds around the world continuously making fantastic mods for the next 10 years.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Haha I doubt this guy is going to be into Noby Noby Boy, that game ("game") is goofy as hell. Everyday Shooter and Wipeout HD are unimpeachable though. Additionally he should be checking out Street Fighter 4, maybe BlazBlue if he's into 2d fighters, Warhawk for sure (very under-appreciated game), and the Rainbow Six games.

Don't hate.

Noby_review.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
A lot of people who use the shotgun don't use the weapons advantage to their advantage. They just run around in the wide open popping of shots and complaining that it "sucks". The key is to move their wide open spaces with the pistol out and switch to the shotty as soon as you get in close. Also, I have come to notice that most of the time you can just fire from the hip and get a kill pretty easily without steady aim. If you aim down the sights the shotguns range will be much much greater. If you don't use a jammer on your shotgun class you might as well forget about using it because you need to be close and unpredictable when using it.

I'm pretty against being out in the open regardless of class, even worse with a shotgun not just because of the range issue but the fact that you're out in the open... with the range and accuracy of the weapons, you can be picked off from across the map at any time without warning.

The way I play involves a lot more sneaking around, backtracking, flanking, essentially being a lone wolf (don't want idiot teammates lighting up your position). Don't like using my pistol as my main weapon, just too much of a disadvantage against any weapon capable of red dot but I did specifically leave the silencer off so I could get improved range in those instances where I see someone too far away to hit with the shotty (though that's also what the 3x frags are for).

Oh, and New COD:MW2 trailer

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Got Rock Band: Beatles today!

I'm excited (although I'm probably being ridiculed by serious gamers).

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigasahouse
Got Rock Band: Beatles today!

I'm excited (although I'm probably being ridiculed by serious gamers).

No way, I'm jealous.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear Johnny_5,

GET YOUR ***** ASS ONLINE AND LET'S BLOW SOME **** UP!

Best,
Mauro

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro

You need to pick up your phone. I've called you about 5 times.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note to PS3 dudes, I didn't know this but the user-made levels included in the 'Game of the Year' Edition of LittleBigPlanet are actually custom made for the release by some of the best creators, rather than a rehash of their previous levels (see: Little Dead Space, The Azure Palace, etc). Apparently you can play some now, however... I guess people have pre-release copies, and if the new levels are hearted, they show up in the search results? Or something like that...

Anyway, here are all the levels (courtesy of NeoGAF):

Watermill Valley
creator: jump_button

The Steampunk Samurai
creator: gevurah22

Stone
creator: o-tera

Beavercows' Insomnia
creator: Blorf

Insearch
creator: Lokno

Prism Panic
creator: Aardsy

Evil Duckies
creator: AchillesPDX

Bunnies In Space
creator: Foofles

Tales of Little Big Crystal
creator: X-NOBODY-X

Untill The Cows Come Home
creator: geosautus

Tube Racer 2
creator: xingyi

The Cat Burglar
creator: candyjunky

The Tumblerizer
creator: Nuclearfish

Cereal Isle
creator: TangoCharlieESQ

The GREAT GRATUITOUS RAID of GOBLIN-BERG!
creator: thekillermiller

PANDAmonium
creator: Cstrfrk

Mighty Mite LBP8 Little Big Mountain Mission
creator: rz22g

TAKLAMAKAN'Go and never come back'
creator: AntonioLadrillo

Spelling looks a little goofy on some of them...

Edit: Okay, TSFRJ has them all hearted. Search for him. I'm playing Steampunk Samurai right now and it seems to be retail-level quality. Awesomeness.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my phone is dead and The goat has my charger

Psyren

Reaction score
gevurrah22 (guy who made Steampunk Samurai) mods another forum I frequent he mentioned it about a month back lol.

Also, Resident Evil 5 is an awesome game, but it's definitely steered toward co-op play. My buddy and I beat it through online co-op and communicated via bluetooth on our first run and it was hella fun. I ran through it a few times afterwards too, Versus is really cool too if you're willing to dish out $5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads