• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 3 Discussion

Albern

Reaction score
I'm looking for some historical context on these two:

- Was it common for adults to let children drive in the early 1960s the way Sally was?
- Was there some beef between Sweden and Norway at the time?

In the scene with Sal and his wife, I was a bit confused as Sal went on explaining the Bye Bye Birdie scene to his wife. Part way through the demonstration she gets this odd look on her face; I was thinking A) She is suspecting that her husband is gay B) His directorial abilities aren't exactly the greatest or C) Something I'm just not seeing?

Anyway it was a good episode.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
she thinks he's a ****.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
she thinks he's a ****.

Agreed, he was so flamboyant and over the top.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ i saw a preview from next week's episode, sal pounds her in the asshole while shaving her head

Albern

Reaction score
^ i saw a preview from next week's episode, sal pounds her in the asshole while shaving her head

Thanks.... I think..

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she knows he's gay,wonder when peggy is gonna come out?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^peggy may well have an "encounter" this season.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^peggy may well have an "encounter" this season.

With her "roomie"? Remember Joan's old roommate?

I think Peggy is going to get swept up in the women's and civil rights movement bit time.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sal's wife is all WTF because teh **** wasn't invented until the 1980s so nobody knows what's going on and they're all "lolwut why are you dancing and prancing no make-a love to the wifey?" damn, he's in some awkward scenes this season.

that patio commercial is one of the most annoying things i've ever sat through.

i wanna see peggy and her hot roommate pat tortillas. can they do that on AMC?

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Sally's and grandpa G's relationship endearing, to bad they had to kill him off so soon.

Originally Posted by grundletaint

that patio commercial is one of the most annoying things i've ever sat through.

Agree, I'm gonna have to look up old commercials to see if they really were that annoying.

What makes you guys think Peggy is gay?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boredom mainly. just wanna see some chicks make out. i also want her to just go all apeshit womens' lib and burn bras/lez out.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
In the scene with Sal and his wife, I was a bit confused as Sal went on explaining the Bye Bye Birdie scene to his wife. Part way through the demonstration she gets this odd look on her face; I was thinking A) She is suspecting that her husband is gay B) His directorial abilities aren't exactly the greatest or C) Something I'm just not seeing?

Only moments before, she had referred to him as a "conquering hero." Then he played with obvious zeal the part of a coquette. A breach opened in her mind between how she had been trying to view him and the effeminate way in which he had displayed himself. She began to grasp the contours of the problem.

That was a very awkward scene.

YoungFogey

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Kinsey's not getting sacked for expressing his Penn Station views to the client demolish much of the carefully constructed authenticity of the prior two seasons?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, it's just you. I don't think it had anything t to do with "demolish[ing] much of the carefully constructed authenticity of the prior two seasons?". It didn't seem as if Don nor the new owners gave two ***** about getting that account.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungFogey
Is it just me, or did Kinsey's not getting sacked for expressing his Penn Station views to the client demolish much of the carefully constructed authenticity of the prior two seasons?

have you seen the pilot... the way don spoke to rachel menken, i don't think expressing an opinion is something they'd let him go for.

Originally Posted by Jodum5
Yes, it's just you. I don't think it had anything t to do with "demolish[ing] much of the carefully constructed authenticity of the prior two seasons?". It didn't seem as if Don nor the new owners gave two ***** about getting that account.

i think don cared about the acct to some degree, he certainly did after he landed them and then the brits let them go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads