• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
coming along well, d. let's talk about that e-commerce site soon. you're gonna need it.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the Perfecto...Didn't know you were makin the bomber so it's between those 2...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
Don't know if i could pull off leather with my wardrobe. but they are sooo nice.

Whats the latest we could get an order in on the Harrington?

I'm gonna run most of this stuff for 1-2 months, but I plan to evolve my line through the seasonal changes so new stuff will pop up, old stuff will take a rest.

And what Stylish Pilot can't wear a leather jacket?!? That's like a cowboy saying he's not sure about the boots and the hat...

Originally Posted by Nil
I have a TOJ varsity and I'm more than happy with it. Too bad I've only been able to wear it out at night twice so far because it's been too hot. Dismal/imployt is incredibly helpful and everything with the order, from customization to shipping, went well.

Now it looks like I'll have to get a TOJ leather also.

Thanks for your order, man. The Temple of Jawnz depends on the customers so it's always appreciated. I'm not sure which jacket you have in mind, but based on your build, I think the A2 bomber would work for you very well. The accordian arm scythes on the back give the back about 2-3 extra inches of give on both sides when you stretch your arms out, and then fold back in really neatly and flat when your back is straight and not flexed. It's a great cut for athletic people and I think we could tweak out a perfect fit now that you know your varsity size, the patterns are very very similar.

Originally Posted by andyliu52
can you explain the options for the a2? also is lambskin gonna be durable enough?

For now, I can do black or brown. The leather is very delicate, it's not for beating up or rolling around on the ground on. If you do need a more durable option, we can go to cowhide for no additional cost. It'd be very stiff and different from the lamb I've pictured. I will say though, I've never seen lamb this rich or soft anywhere except for brands like RLPL, Hermes, that level. The more popular leather jacket brands, Rick, Julius, Dior, they have nothing on this lamb that I am using, and I've handled all of them.

Originally Posted by nyf
Could you discuss the (removable?) quilted lining option for the leathers, ie, how thick, added cost, etc? Ideally, show a sample?

The quilted lining will not be removable, it'd be in place of the cupro lining that comes as standard. It'd be poly fill with a cotton or acetate facing, probably black. It would affect the inner fit slightly so one may want to size up, especially on the sleeves as my sleeves are cut aggressively slim.

I don't have samples of every single option, I have standard stuff and then the options exist for those who want to take them. I don't go halfway though, if it's not to an overall standard I keep, I just wouldn't offer it, so trust that it will be good.

Quilted instead of cupro would be free of charge. It'd make the jacket pretty damn warm though, strictly 1-season as opposed to 3.

mfais

Reaction score
sorry dont know if u missed my question, but do u do all of these urself?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I cut patterns for each order, and then I place them with separate tailors who specialize in each kind of piece. Varsity jackets go with a guy who only makes varsity jackets for a living, the leathers go to a woman who makes leather jackets, etc. I plan to have a tailored line eventually and those will be bespoke, made by a good tailor that I have a relationship with, who does everything right as far as suits go.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
do your rider in grey pls
Already PM'd on charcoal and grey for moto and perfecto lol

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any chance of seeing fit pics on some of the items here?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, I am gonna get fit pics of everything. My in-house photographer (girlfriend) went to bed tonight really early and upset because she's trying to seduce a straight girl into sleeping with her and her game isn't sticking for today, so she's not happy nor talking right now. Maybe tomorrow on the fit pics.

aoluffy

Reaction score
Can we get some pics of brown leather please?

Also, anymore closeup pics or fitpics of varsity jacket?

cromagged

Reaction score
that a-2 bomber looks real nice, good stuff

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
I'm happy to see you finally got your own thread on here. I just joined the Facebook group the other day. The whole line looks amazing. If you ever think about going the retail route i'd love to talk to you about it, for now though i think i'm gonna need a reversible varsity/ goretex MA-1. That could honestly be the most perfect jacket i have come across for myself. The MTM options would clear up the length issues i usually have with bomber style jackets. Hopefully you will be hearing from me soon. Keep up the amazing work.

dunkin

Reaction score
cant see pics so subscribing for when i get home...probably gonna be too small for me though....
or too modern....
eh.gif

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
TOJ is amazing. Bought the TOJ0 varsity a month or so ago and dismal did a top notch job with the service, very helpful. Great jacket too, obviously. Also, ridiculously fast delivery: from Seoul to Helsinki, Finland in like three days or something.

This is really the best thing about the internets right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads