• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
here is the deal, my wife and i have a credit card at 'Nebraska Furniture Mart' we got a tv, we might go get some couches and ****... but really, really i wish the big huge berkshire heartattack i can see from my window would be replaced with even 7 percent of the shopping opportunities members in LA or NYC have available... not only that, but i wish i had the same credit offered to me by any of the stores that 7 percent might be.

i really really want the MFSC foul weather coat, or a surplus similarity.

i am totally buying the ll bean katahdins, if i don't get them for christmas first

i am too skinny for workwear, it makes me look like dopey the dwarf.

i am too fat for 'hipster' gear.

charlie gibson is a total bouchedag.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Only wusses take wood shop, men take metal shop pffft.

no... real men took small engines in grade school

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
half my shirts are 100% polyester, i just dont give a fuckkk

Seriously? Mine were. Like, in 1977. Disco, disco...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^even though it'll melt onto your body if you are caught in a house fire?
wink.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Random thought how did uncontrol find sf?

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
something awful

Yeah I remember there was a waywt thread on sa with lots of sf approved brands being worn.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
lol razele can you just shut the **** up in this thread? honestly, australia produces the most annoying posters

I resemble that comment ... I mean resent, or something.

I can't believe you guys are still crapping on about this. Holly ****. Get over it. Some people will spend $$$ on 2 or 3 "designer" peices others will spend $ on "basics". Who cares what side of the fence you fall on? No point arguing about it, there is no right answer, its your individual style.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw Braidkid at the tailor.
I did not mention SF.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
lol razele can you just shut the **** up in this thread? honestly, australia produces the most annoying posters

here's the thing bro, you don't know what you're talking about. period. you just pop into every seasonal thread for any brand with MODERATE hype and just uncontrollably **** on their products, its ******* absurd. do you even own these brands? cause I have a big feeling that you don't, and for all your talk about 'building a quality wardrobe' you have zero experience with the brands you think are quality (and don't even know what that means) or the brands, like j crew, you criticize.

j crew isn't that great, but it serves a purpose. its affordable workwear, and its ironic that you criticize it and then hype the **** out of EG and WWM and any other flavor of the month fresh out of Japan brand that does that same aesthetic. I'd make a point about sometimes needing to have less expensive clothes because of appropriateness, but since I doubt you even wear the clothes you rave about, I guess it doesn't matter, does it?

this website should be about developing individual taste, and virtually everything you post undermines that. how about posting a review of all these pieces you supposedly own? or some insight into how you wear them?

here's the deal though, I actually have owned and worn many of these brands you rave about, and I'd say the majority of the time the idea of quality is way overblown. that's ok though, becuase I recognize that I'm paying for aesthetic and materials (admittedly an element of quality), but I don't disillusion myself into believing that wearing MMM and W+H makes me somehow better than those plebes in gap and j crew.

also I love how you talk about finding MTM and you are ******* australian. what do you know about american MTM prices??? lol. can you even buy j crew in australia?

what a joke.

omg. +1-trillion

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I just saw Braidkid at the tailor.
I did not mention SF.

Is he even more beautiful in person? I would probably be so nervous I couldn't even talk to him!

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang my Gap and J Crew clothes right next to Rag and Bone and RRL. This is coming from a guy on the forum who has admittedly been on a "premium" brand kick for the last couple of months. But I make sure everything has a place. Isn't that what we are all here for in the first place? If we all did WAYWTs and somebody posted a terrible, mismatched, poorly fitted outfit that was all MMM and/or BoO, how is that even close to being a better example of style than someone who makes well thought out choices with what the pieces they choose to work with, even if those pieces are Gap or Banana or J Crew or gasp Target? I always though style was less about the what and more about the how in terms of things one wears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads