• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Football Season boys!!!

thetieguy

Reaction score
I think ND is over rated and will lose to Michigan next week.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thetieguy
I think ND is over rated and will lose to Michigan next week.
I hope you're right.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Welcome to Zookville. He will lose games he should win and win games he should lose. The openers left me confused. Questions: 1. Is Ok State that good or is UGA that bad? I'm leaning toward the "UGA is worse than expected" theory. The defense just looked bad.
I disagree with this. The Georgia D was holding a very talented offense to a shutout until the end of the second quarter. Aside from the first, every OSU score came when they were given a short field. After the first touchdown, OSU's scores came after starting on the UGA 6, 24, and 32. In fact, OSU only scored one time when they started on their side of the field. Given what the offense gave them to work with, I'd say the defense did quite well. OSU has one of the best offenses in the country, and the defense was pretty stout. OSU averaged almost five hundred yards per game last season, Georgia held them to just over 300. Now Georgia's offense on the other hand...

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Canes!

I enjoyed that game.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
Great weekend to be a Longhorn. We played lots of younglings, including our future at QB who looked like he could be something very special.. and we found speed in all aspects of the game. A good, convincing start.

OU lost.. that is ALWAYS good. The bad... Bradford got hurt and from reports, could be out 6 - 8 weeks. That really sucks because by all accounts, he is a good kid and a class act. On the other hand, their offensive line is worse than everyone expected.. they look lost, confused and no matter who they have at QB, they will be running for their lives.. unlike their running backs! Delicious doo da karma for Small Game Bob and the Land Thieves.

SEC, with the possible exception of Gator Chomp will all do the familial hari kari and will eliminate themselves from national contention.

Will Cal be able to beat USC?

Big 10/11.. except for Penn State.. wake me when it's 2011.

A great opening weekend!!!

Is it hard to talk with the University of Texas' dick so far down your throat?
tounge.gif

Unbreakable

Reaction score
What's everyone thought on the Heisman this year? Are they going to give it Colt, out of pity?
devil.gif

Anyone have a comment on last years Heisman?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I disagree with this. The Georgia D was holding a very talented offense to a shutout until the end of the second quarter. Aside from the first, every OSU score came when they were given a short field. After the first touchdown, OSU's scores came after starting on the UGA 6, 24, and 32. In fact, OSU only scored one time when they started on their side of the field. Given what the offense gave them to work with, I'd say the defense did quite well. OSU has one of the best offenses in the country, and the defense was pretty stout. OSU averaged almost five hundred yards per game last season, Georgia held them to just over 300.

Now Georgia's offense on the other hand...

I actually meant to type "offense" but didn't notice the mistake until you pointed it out. Your analysis is correct, IMO. Defense was pretty good, but Cox looked bad. The refs and Mike Bobo's play-calling weren't helping them out either.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I actually meant to type "offense" but didn't notice the mistake until you pointed it out. Your analysis is correct, IMO. Defense was pretty good, but Cox looked bad. The refs and Mike Bobo's play-calling weren't helping them out either.

In that case I agree with your analysis. I fear UGA just might not be able to muster a lot of offense until the new guys get broken in. The offense was just terrible, both the playing and coaching. If UGA and S. Car play offense this week like they did in week one we may well see another Auburn-Mississippi State.

I'm hoping it was just jitters for Cox, and that we'll see a much better offense overall this weekend. It's a home game, and maybe being beaten on national television will give them some motivation. However, if the offense looks like that again it might be time to think about starting Logan Gray and calling this a true rebuilding year. Sentimentally, I'd hate to see Cox lose the starting job after waiting out Stafford, but there's no reason to throw away a season on a failing QB when we could be getting a young guy some experience.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Is it hard to talk with the University of Texas' dick so far down your throat?
tounge.gif

What a wonderfully diverse post.

You managed to be profane, puerile and parochial at the same time!

boxing[1].gif

Unbreakable

Reaction score
/sigh AP poll is sad.
plain.gif

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
What's everyone thought on the Heisman this year? Are they going to give it Colt, out of pity?
devil.gif

Anyone have a comment on last years Heisman?

I think they'll give it to Colt. Both out of pity and because the kid can play. Plus everyone is tired of hearing about Tebow and Bradford just got injured. That said, Javid Best's performance was pretty outstanding.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 4th quarter belongs to Miami

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.
OSU's chances of upsetting USC is about the same as Indiana upsetting OSU a month from now.
satisfied.gif

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.

I hope so
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads