• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Parker62185

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find the brown Nash like zippy has posted before?...that is my perfect shoe. The only color that I can find right now is grey at Barney's. I guess my other option that I'm looking at is to get the Corso boot....as I believe these Millers might be too narrow/pointy for my liking. http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smit...roductId=17326

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker62185
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find the brown Nash like zippy has posted before?...that is my perfect shoe. The only color that I can find right now is grey at Barney's. I guess my other option that I'm looking at is to get the Corso boot....as I believe these Millers might be too narrow/pointy for my liking. http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smit...roductId=17326

Dunno what size you are, but there's a cool pair of cordovan (the color, not the hide) Nashes on ebay in US9.5.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Smith-Nash-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Otherwise I'd probably just get the brown Corsos from the UK site.

Make sure you try on the Corsos first. They fit kind of big. Same with the Nash for that matter.

Also, try calling a Neiman Marcus. They have a tendency to have models from the past that aren't currently available on the PS site. I got a pair of brown Cages earlier this year from the Las Vegas NM.

dave

Reaction score
Just received a pair of black PS x Triumph Thunders and they are awesome. I'll try and get some decent pics up soon. (only ****** iphone cam at work atm)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where did you get/order the Triumph Thunders from?

Those cordo Nash looks very nice. Kind of somewhat glad it isn't my size. Save myself several, hundred bucks.

dave

Reaction score
got the last pair they had on bluebee actually. unfortunately, i already want a pair of the cordo jobs like GS has.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saks.com has the black Thunders right now.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
got the last pair they had on bluebee actually. unfortunately, i already want a pair of the cordo jobs like GS has.

I got a pair as well - they disappeared from the site right after I placed my order, so I must have been close to the end. Unfortunately, mine are not scheduled to arrive for a few more days.

The other half of my order was cancelled, but I can't complain too much about the deal on the boots.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm guessing they were on sale then?
How much if you don't mind me asking.

dave

Reaction score
it might make you a bit sad if we tell you.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's ok, hurt me already.
frown.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
speaking of hurt.....**** me with Lexington Steele-model marital aid.....

that bomber jacket I got a few weeks back....fedex sent the customs bill for it at a whopping $126.44 (!!!!!!)
frown.gif

apparently, not sure if this is new for 2009+ or what, the customs charge for garments is at 19.6% with an addtl $25 "processessing" fee, plus a $5 "we prepaid your customs bill for you" fee. This is according to the customs agent I spoke with on the phone.

there goes any savings ordering online....I've never gotten a bill this high before and I've ordered a few $$$ items from PS online. I think the biggest customs bill I got in the past was for shoes that came to around $35 or $40 last year. I blame Obama for this.
tinfoil.gif

worst part is, I'll probably get a higher customs bill for the grey crombie coat I just got today which ******* rules ******, but it was even more $$$ than the bomber jacket
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

lesson to be learned....ordering overseas ******** you ********** with no lube. so buyers beware.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

dave

Reaction score
and to follow that up with a little salt for the wounds. paid 172.50 to the door.

good news is, if oyu dont have big feet they wouldnt have fit anyhow so you can take solace in that at least....

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OUCH!!!

That hurts, totally negates the UK pricing discount. My last order from the PS site of around $300 and I got billed by customs for around $65 but $126 customs bill is insane. Even more discouraging to order from the UK website now.

PS better bring all their stuff here in the U.S. because we are already missing out on so much as it is with shoes. Or just use Royal Mail as a shipping source, I've received several packages through them and was never billed by customs.

$173 shipped for the Thunders is a great deal.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
OUCH!!!

Or just use Royal Mail as a shipping source, I've received several packages through them and was never billed by customs.

Yea I'd rather them use Royal Mail and just wait 7-10 days rather than Fedex next day intl. You get your **** fast, but if customs is going to stick you with a bill then I dont mind waiting. But I doubt they will change shipping method anytime soon.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though they ship FedEx next day intl, the way customs holds on to it, it is practically the same long wait anyways. Plus from experience, Royal Mail arrives pretty quick. Most of my orders arrive within 5 business days, which is pretty quick.

Yeah, I doubt PS will change shipping methods. I even asked them to label my package as a "gift" so that it won't incur customs fees and they said they can't do it. I guess I won't be ordering from the UK website anymore, even if the sale prices becomes real tempting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads