• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
those IWC's... drule
worship.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
At one point I owned the IWC 3531 (small Portuguese) in all 3 configurations. There was also a platinum model, but it had center seconds.
3531x3.JPG

Gorgeous, particularly the black one.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having one back. Here's a side by side comparison with the Jubilee.
Portbigbrother.JPG

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
I wouldn't mind having one back. Here's a side by side comparison with the Jubilee.
Portbigbrother.JPG

The Jubilee is my realistic grail watch. How much are they going for these days?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Times must be tough for watch dealers. I was in the local mall and looked in Ben Bridge. They had the green crystal Rolex Milgaus in the window. I went inside and they had a Green Sub, the new gigantic Sea Dweller, a black dial Milgaus, a while dial Milgaus and another green crystal one in the case.

They must have been getting ready for an IWC event too as they had a platinum Portuguese Tourbillon, a platinum Port Minute Repeater, several flavors of perpetuals, and some gigantic Ingenuer that I'd not seen before. They had a bunch of pedestrians ports and a few of the vintage collection, a couple big pilots, but oddly enough, almost no lower end pieces.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I get a dozen a day and they cloud up my box. I just deleted a few hundred though, so it should be easier. Anyway, don't you have my number?
lost it, resend.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
what is the general consensus on the IWC Portofino? I'm thinking about picking up the simple black one some time.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
what is the general consensus on the IWC Portofino? I'm thinking about picking up the simple black one some time.
I tried the vintage model with the moon dial on the other day while I was out looking at a Portuguese Chrono. It's a really beautiful watch. I saw the standard dial one but I don't think it holds a candle to the vintage with the roman numerals and the moon dial. The vintage model is significantly wider though so if you're looking for a small, sleek watch then it's definitely not a good choice.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
apart from the da vinci is there any normal sized IWC's or are they all huge?
as much as i'd like to get one my wrist is tiny

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
apart from the da vinci is there any normal sized IWC's or are they all huge? as much as i'd like to get one my wrist is tiny
Portofino 3563 has a 39mm case.
Originally Posted by rambo
I tried the vintage model with the moon dial on the other day while I was out looking at a Portuguese Chrono. It's a really beautiful watch. I saw the standard dial one but I don't think it holds a candle to the vintage with the roman numerals and the moon dial. The vintage model is significantly wider though so if you're looking for a small, sleek watch then it's definitely not a good choice.
I would consider that model if it wasn't so damn big.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on these? I'd rather get a U-boat but I'm a poor college kid so these are in my price range and they look like they are still good quality. I've never seen one in person and they don't have a dealer listing page on their site so I'm not sure where I'd be able to see one so I'm thinking about just ordering. Anybody have one or held one? Do they seem pretty rugged? All of the watches they make are pretty huge. These are the two smallest ones I think, 47mm which is still huge but better then their 50mm watches.
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail-1.jpg
This one looks pretty cool too. I couldn't find a lot of info on it but it looks like it's going to be part of a new line and it's called the field watch. Looks like it may be a bit smaller too which I would like better. Anybody know when this is coming out?
tsovet-spring-summer-2010-03.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

yeah, I need small and sleek. I have very tiny wrists, 39mm is pretty much the widest I can go without looking silly. My boss gets $1,000 off coupons to Tourneau pretty regularly and I'm thinking about picking up the basic Portofino around bonus time. Also, I'd like to add a red alligator strap, gld203 posted a link a while ago to a good maker.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how would one get a $1,000 off coupon at Tourneau?
bounce2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads