• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich Woolen Mills Fall/Winter 2009

Chip

Reaction score
sz 30 please...

a0102385_15105664.jpg

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colors did they make that pant in? Its pretty sweet.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I doubt this shirt warrants my first pic, but happy to tell you what you want to know. It fits like a snug though not quite tight overshirt rather than a loose jacket. Nice detailing through-out. The wool is thin jacket weight rather than shirt weight and the zip/button front works well. I expect I will just use the zip and not bother with the buttons. Also, has a throat latch that can be buttoned open, left hanging or buttoned closed, which is not that obvious. Also has lots of white cotton bits used for gussets, cuff linings, the latch lining, pocket flap lining and pocket reinforcement. The stitching is machine done and generally neat and serviceable, with some whip-stitch finishing.
This is a reminder that while the shirts look like they were designed for a purpose, they were not. Cotton muslin trim is pretty stupid on a wool shirt - I took the shirt kayaking and while the wool dried quickly when I got back to camp, the cotton stayed damp for a long time afterwards. It wasn't that cold, so no big deal, but it is that kind of poorly thought out detailing that makes the shirt more of a fashion item than something true to Woolrich's functional heritage.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what fabrics the Upland comes in this fall? Other then the red and olive shadow plaid.

erbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Does anyone know what fabrics the Upland comes in this fall? Other then the red and olive shadow plaid.
I second this question.

Servo2000

Reaction score
I was at Barney's Los Angeles and - I could be remembering incorrectly - but they had what I thought I recalled being a selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills stuff. There was a jacket that was a relatively short grey-wool that I imagine was filled with down - it had a neck strap that was lined with what felt like rabbit felt. Ran around $600. They didn't have it in a small and I don't see it in this line-up or in the S/S one.

Am I going crazy? I'm trying to find this thing but I can't find it anywhere in photos or in stores except for the medium and large they had at Barneys.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Servo2000
I was at Barney's Los Angeles and - I could be remembering incorrectly - but they had what I thought I recalled being a selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills stuff. There was a jacket that was a relatively short grey-wool that I imagine was filled with down - it had a neck strap that was lined with what felt like rabbit felt. Ran around $600. They didn't have it in a small and I don't see it in this line-up or in the S/S one. Am I going crazy? I'm trying to find this thing but I can't find it anywhere in photos or in stores except for the medium and large they had at Barneys.
I think it's in the John Rich stuff, not Woolen Mills. Barney's Seattle has a similar sounding jacket, but I thought it had a hood.

Servo2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I think it's in the John Rich stuff, not Woolen Mills. Barney's Seattle has a similar sounding jacket, but I thought it had a hood.

It definitely had a hood (forgot to mention, obviously - the neckstrap was sort of "in" the hood and covered the lower part of the face for inclement weather). I suspect you're probably right about it being the John Rich stuff from looking at their website.

Much appreciated!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this?
I am still undecided, while it is a cool piece I am not sure how much wear it will actually get b/c of the plaid....

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Thoughts on this?
I am still undecided, while it is a cool piece I am not sure how much wear it will actually get b/c of the plaid....

what other colors/patterns does this come in? i saw a green one a while back if i remember correctly. looked to be the same color/material as the ripstop parka.

eusticity

Reaction score
edubs, I think the plaid is great on the Upland, on the vest not so much.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Woolen Mills and John Rich lines? I assume the designers are different, but they seem to have a similar feel to them and I don't quite get the distinction. Also where are they available to see and try on in person? Bergdorf? Barney's?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get the Ranger Shirt in the red/black combo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads