• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
**** I hope so. Some of the stuff people are putting out for SS10 is disgraceful.

To add, there is some bad stuff in FW09 too. I just walked through Barney's and I swear half of it was plaid shirts.

isnt plaid the norm for fall.....

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
isnt plaid the norm for fall.....

Absolutely, but it was also the norm this spring.

For me, plaid's jumping the shark. I'm waiting for Apolis plaid any day now...

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plaid will always be a sportswear staple

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by London
Plaid will always be a sportswear staple

And we have tons of brands putting out plaid shirts to ensure this is the case...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another look at AA SS10, including the Rapha collab. I kinda like that green shirt, except for the epaulettes.
3893323837_00d6854cd7_b.jpg

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Agreed. One, three and four look like Apolis, and two looks like Apolis trying to do the "surf Americana" thing everyone else wants to do for SS10.

tonio: I'm getting the utility trousers from Context in brown this week...I'll report back and let you know.

Me too, and the chinos as well. I'll chime in when they come on Tuesday. I'm not sure how the sizing is going to work out to be honest.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dougie
Me too, and the chinos as well. I'll chime in when they come on Tuesday. I'm not sure how the sizing is going to work out to be honest.

Me either, Farinellis and Context disagree on the measurements. Went with a 33 even though my normal tagged size is 31.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember Farinellis measures the waist flat, without dip. While Context measures it with a dip, so the measurement is slightly smaller.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Remember Farinellis measures the waist flat, without dip. While Context measures it with a dip, so the measurement is slightly smaller.

Cool, thanks for the notice. Any differences in thigh? That's what got me.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Me either, Farinellis and Context disagree on the measurements. Went with a 33 even though my normal tagged size is 31.

Yep, I did the exact same thing. Interesting to see the differences in measuring methods, but I still have no idea whether they're going to be too big or not. Good times!

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the trench style stuff to be back, workwear doesnt really work for me at all.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the pants today. Two notes: 1. they're not the chocolate brown on the website, they're washed chocolate brown. gf described them as having "eggplant" undertones, they look great in person. 2. go TTS on these. I went one size up b/c of thigh measurements and they're baggy all-around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads