• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharpe

Reaction score
I know i've asked something relatively similar before, but what would be the best colour to go with dark indigo jeans? Black looks too pedestrian, but i'm not sure any of the browns look much better for some reason.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpeedBird
Get a order from australia and have then post it to your hotel in Malaysia. Give then plenty of time so it will clear customs and have the package waiting on your arrival. Atleast you can save on postal costs.

Sure could but this time I'm in a touchy-feely mood. Want to compare a little too.

Cheers

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpe
I know i've asked something relatively similar before, but what would be the best colour to go with dark indigo jeans? Black looks too pedestrian, but i'm not sure any of the browns look much better for some reason.

I have black and chestnut (dark brown). While the black is very nice, I do wear the brown more. I would think either could work with dark indigo, but I don't imagine you're buying these boots just to wear with dark indigo. The chestnut would be more versatile.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Both black and brown (and the various variations of brown on offer) go very well with jeans.

So does claret
wink.gif

factorial

Reaction score
I love my Chestnut CCs with dark jeans.

wosk

Reaction score
I'm ordering my boots today, but I need help with the final decision, should I go for the Comfort Craftsman or the Blaxland? They are about the same price, I've tried the Blaxland on and it fits very well, can I expect the same fitting for the comfort craftsman? I've emailed the seller and according to him it's the same fitting, but someone commented on a thicker inner sole here, any response to that?

rammie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wosk
I'm ordering my boots today, but I need help with the final decision, should I go for the Comfort Craftsman or the Blaxland? They are about the same price, I've tried the Blaxland on and it fits very well, can I expect the same fitting for the comfort craftsman? I've emailed the seller and according to him it's the same fitting, but someone commented on a thicker inner sole here, any response to that?

That's exactly what's holding me back for a second pair as well. Some input would be much appreciated! My theory is that the Comfort Craftsman feels like a new pair of Craftsman/Blaxland since you haven't walked anything in them and leaving the cork inside undeformed whereas the Craftsman/Blaxland will shape more after your foot and let it "sink in" into the shoe making it slightly wider as time goes by. Could this perhaps be the case?

Sharpe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rammie
That's exactly what's holding me back for a second pair as well. Some input would be much appreciated! My theory is that the Comfort Craftsman feels like a new pair of Craftsman/Blaxland since you haven't walked anything in them and leaving the cork inside undeformed whereas the Craftsman/Blaxland will shape more after your foot and let it "sink in" into the shoe making it slightly wider as time goes by. Could this perhaps be the case?
No idea on that, but I've gone into RM williams stores and had my foot measured - and they give me the same size in both CC and normal craftsman to try on. If you're one size in CC, I would suggest just getting the same size in the C. Also I would personally go for the blaxland - the comfort craftsman look a little chunkier - although the staff at RM williams don't think so.

ferguscan

Reaction score
Anyone know if RM Williams have ever offered their boots in midnight navy? A Blaxland in this colour (and with the yearling leather) would be my ideal shoe for informal evenings out.

It would be stylish enough for any setting, and yet rugged enough to withstand harsh environments (public bars, etc).

I think I will email Steve of Nungar right now...

SpeedBird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wosk

I have had a pair of Blaxland in black since 1998, one thing is the rubber sole is so durable and LONG WEARING. I just want to let you know, its way better than the Craftsman leather sole, it has taken until NOW for the rubber sole to absorb water when it rains, my right sole has a slight hair line crack in it and the other day it was raining, i can feel the rain water entering and making my sock wet.

When comparing it to the Craftsmans leather sole, which i have also, when it wears down a little and things due to age, it will absorb rain water much quicker also, so with my leather Craftsmans i had a conversion done to a rubber sole to cure this issues.

I have Comfort Craftsmans also, my personal opinion is that its a little softer in the sole when comparing it to the Blaxlands rubber sole.

amce

Reaction score

In jeans I wear only standard 501's. IMHO all my leathers, chestnut, black and mock croc, look great with them. Jeans washed and boots polished of course. You can't go wrong.

Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpeedBird
I have had a pair of Blaxland in black since 1998, one thing is the rubber sole is so durable and LONG WEARING. I just want to let you know, its way better than the Craftsman leather sole, it has taken until NOW for the rubber sole to absorb water when it rains, my right sole has a slight hair line crack in it and the other day it was raining, i can feel the rain water entering and making my sock wet.

When comparing it to the Craftsmans leather sole, which i have also, when it wears down a little and things due to age, it will absorb rain water much quicker also, so with my leather Craftsmans i had a conversion done to a rubber sole to cure this issues.

I have Comfort Craftsmans also, my personal opinion is that its a little softer in the sole when comparing it to the Blaxlands rubber sole.

Leather soles aren't really meant for wet weather conditions. If used in such conditions, naturally they will wear down faster than they otherwise would. In dry conditions, the leather sole is always the number one choice. Always.

Bought my wife a fine pair of Yearling RMW boots over the weekend from the George Street store. She looked really marvelous in them
biggrin.gif

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Bought my wife a fine pair of Yearling RMW boots over the weekend from the George Street store. She looked really marvelous in them
biggrin.gif

Good on you, Wraith. What model, what last, what heel, what colour? Details please.

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads