• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Boots

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rapefruit
Thanks, but I did specify I would like to see HIS pictures.

Right, I guess HIS will look different? Considering not all of us are able or willing to post pictures upon request, sometimes it's best to also search around for the alternative. I believe there may also be another picture of a member wearing them with jeans so if you search around you might find it. Otherwise, assuming you wanted an idea of what these would like paired with jeans in general, you have a start. Good luck on your special quest.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Just got my Katahdins today. I ordered the size 11 and 10.5 and found the 10.5 slightly better overall. This is my dress shoe and Clark DB size but the boots are very snug. If I were to wear thick winter socks the 11 would be better. Unfortunately though I have to return them, the glue around one of the toe caps wasn't cleaned off very well and when I pressed on the top of the shoe there is separation in the cap area - pretty sloppy construction. The other 3 shoes were fine and did not have this problem.

They came out of the box looking pretty scuffed up, just like the picture on the last page showed. Not a big problem since it's been said that Obenaufs fixes that issue. Before I purchased I didn't like the bottom eyelets which are not the traditional round. However in person I like it the way they are, the brass is rustic and manly looking so it's ok. Comfort was ok but needs a little breaking in. I like the style overall, looked pretty good with jeans but I might not need them afterall since I just ordered the Wolverine Montgomery's. Hopefully they are as good as I'm expecting with no defects.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
How 'bout these.
rz_3b.jpg
I think I might like them even better than last year's.

splattered

Reaction score
H! I think those are freaking awesome... what are they?
smile.gif

***Nice Collective

A bit pricey but i really dig em.

Out of my price range unfortunately.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those in person at a Nordstrom's Rack. Avoid at all costs. They look and feel very ****** and cheap.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Just got my Katahdins today. I ordered the size 11 and 10.5 and found the 10.5 slightly better overall. This is my dress shoe and Clark DB size but the boots are very snug. If I were to wear thick winter socks the 11 would be better. Unfortunately though I have to return them, the glue around one of the toe caps wasn't cleaned off very well and when I pressed on the top of the shoe there is separation in the cap area - pretty sloppy construction. The other 3 shoes were fine and did not have this problem.

They came out of the box looking pretty scuffed up, just like the picture on the last page showed. Not a big problem since it's been said that Obenaufs fixes that issue. Before I purchased I didn't like the bottom eyelets which are not the traditional round. However in person I like it the way they are, the brass is rustic and manly looking so it's ok. Comfort was ok but needs a little breaking in. I like the style overall, looked pretty good with jeans but I might not need them afterall since I just ordered the Wolverine Montgomery's. Hopefully they are as good as I'm expecting with no defects.

Just an update: After trying a couple things (and failing) to get the dried glue off around the toe cap I went to the shoe store and bought a suede bar. This is basically like a pencil eraser but is bigger and harder to buff off stains and things that are stuck on suede without ruining the material. This ended up working like a charm, it took about 20 minutes working very slowly but the boots are good as new.

There is still a bit of separation on the sides of the toe cap where they didn't even bother putting glue. However, since the cap is double stitched I think it will be ok. I checked the other 3 shoes and if you press all the way around the toe cap they also separate in the same area but not quite as much as mine did.

Still some pretty lazy construction on their part, but I guess for $160 you can't expect perfection. I'll try to get some before & after Obenauf treatment pics next week.

CyanideDragon

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads