• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch strap to go with pink gold

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what the general consensus would be on here as to which color watch strap would go best with a watch like this.

I'm considering purchasing a watch similar to this, and all I know is I want to put a nice croc strap on it, but cannot decide between black or various shades of brown. Brown seems more obvious, but does it really matter?

I'm tired of wearing my stainless steel sports watch for everything and I need something a bit more dressy, that's why I'm thinking black.

Thanks all.

MOVC0000446-0.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything but the contrast stitching on that one Moo.

Yeah, I thought eventually I'd end up with both. But I'm going to start with one for now, and need to decide which one first.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And is there any major difference in pink gold vs rose gold? Or is it just terminology?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my watch but this is nice :
cartier.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the actual watch, I just bought it. I think it looks much nicer than the one above. I love the nice lugs on it, and it comes with a faux croc strap in brown. So I think I might start with a black croc strap.

I agree, the pics above are all gorgeous. I am thinking of trying to find a nice reddish brown similar to the ones above. I think it compliments the pink gold well.

The only think I'm having done to this watch is the hands will be either re-plated or replaced. I'm not much for "patina" and I like the nice polish of the case.

OMEC0000603-0.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that IWC is a chestnut strap, perhaps thats the way to go. It looks awesome.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll take and share a few better pics when it arrives. He said if he needs to replace the hands, it can take 2 weeks, but if it's just a clean and a polish, he'll have it on its way to me by Monday. I really like the way the strap on that IWC has a "padded" center, where its thicker. I think it will look good with the oversized lugs on mine.

Now I need to find a good source for the band.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads