• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this arrived on saturday
3869464220_8ca91a6316.jpg

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I love these stories and seeing people getting 'converted' to mechanical movements. These things are fascinating.

PS: nice selectin but their prices are off-the-charts expensive!!
eek.gif

They are expensive, but I like the fact that they give you a one year warranty and their watch restoration is regarded as top notch. Plus, if I have a problem I can always go to their shop. I asked if they had any flexibility on pricing and received a firm "no".

As a relatively new watch fan, I'm willing to pay more for the ability to view the merchandise "in real life" and for the education.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
LD, that is a sweet watch. I need something like that in my life...

Thanks, Moo. I like yours - it looks like fun! I have a Sturhling Original that I bought on impulse just for the look.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Early birthday present for myself - an early 60's vintage Longines manual-wind in gold fill on an alligator strap.

Sweet - what's the diameter?

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Sweet - what's the diameter?

1.25 inches or 3 cm. I was just on holiday in your lovely state - Pentwater was a great find (slightly smaller than Saugetuck but much less touristy).

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the name of that Seiko Japanese market military watch that's fairly popular? I even remember some folks mentioning a reputable, (and cheap) eBay seller...

Edit: So I'm a stupid, lazy asshole. Found it by searching, in the first few results and have since purchased one from Amazon. Excited.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
1.25 inches or 3 cm. I was just on holiday in your lovely state - Pentwater was a great find (slightly smaller than Saugetuck but much less touristy).

That's good and I'm sure the turista dollars are welcome - it's hard to find nice spots after the maniacal over-building here.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this watch. Valjoux 7750 movement, display back, domed sapphire crystal, deployant clasp. Bulova sure is stepping up their game. I'll post real pics when I receive the watch. I'm really excited - especially since I bought the last one available!

26C02.jpg

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
this arrived on saturday

3869464220_8ca91a6316.jpg

Very nice....same watch arrived at my door monday! Removed one full link and wearing it now! 45 days till cash back!!

Regards.

drax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexmvargas
trio2.jpg

actually traded the Portuguese with blue hands for the gold hand version...

That is the perfect trio...you wouldnt need anything else.

gchanjr

Reaction score
A gift from my wife. My new Dornblueth 4.0 Midi Limited Edition

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gchanjr
A gift from my wife. My new Dornblueth 4.0 Midi Limited Edition

Beautiful! Are the hands blued steel?

southbound35

Reaction score
This is a question from a complete watch novice.

Does IWC make a smaller version of that Portuguese? I absolutely love the look of that watch, but a 41mm watch would swallow my small wrist.

Originally Posted by alexmvargas
trio2.jpg

actually traded the Portuguese with blue hands for the gold hand version...

Cognacad

Reaction score
People here seem to prefer leather straps. People start with cheap velcro when they are 12, then move up to plastic when they are 15, then cheap metal when they are 17, nicer metal when they are 22 and then after that people of class seem to enjoy leather alot.

Anyone care to explain their leather preference?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads