• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Football Season boys!!!

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
If I wanted to watch slow, sub-par football being played by people I've never heard of and who should spend less time lifting weights and more time learning how to make a real living and cheered on by nutjobs who should probably wake up to reality, I'd tune in to the CFL.

Life as a big ten fan sure is rough.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I ******* LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times.

I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I ******* LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times. I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.
You're going down Monday night

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You're going down Monday night

uhoh.gif

Keep details about your personal lives contained to PMs thanks.

bwong337

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt.
devil.gif

As a UCLA alumni and brother of a buckeye, I can't agree with this statement more.
+100000

GrillinFool

Reaction score
As someone who grew up around St. Louis I didn't have **** to watch in terms of college football in my area. Illinois had a good D every year but sucked. Mizzou just plain sucked. I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

I root for the local teams, Mizzou and Illinois (born in Illinois, live in MO for the last 10 years). Going to the dome on Sat for the Border War between them. I'll be sporting the black, my dad the blue and orange. Oh and we're tailgating like mofos. Hauling down 4 grills, a 10X10 awning, 15 slabs of ribs, 5 bags of chicken, couple hundred atomic buffalo turds, a few fatties and a bunch of crostinis. And we're giving it all away. Marketing the blog...

bwong337

Reaction score
Oregon vs Boise State... it's gonna be good!
Go Ducks!

thetieguy

Reaction score
As long as Florida and Tim Tebow don't win it all, I will be happy. It should be an interesting season for U of M. They better beat Western Michigan on Saturday or Rich Rod is done here.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GrillinFool
I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

So.. my Longhorns went to South Bend to play Notre Dame in 1995. I'm staying with my then wife's good friend in Chicago. A group of4 of us make the short drive to South Bend on game day... Brisk, sunny September day.... well, one person in the group.. his mom works in the athletic office. We pick up our tickets at the stadium and..

I'm sitting in the N.D. alumni section.. on the 50 yard line in my burnt orange shirt.. and lo and behold.. Dickie V... Dick Vitale is sitting right behind me!

Well.. we hung tough for a half but after halftime, the Irish start to pull away... I'm pounding down Maker's Marks.... and Dickie V starts to let me have... "hey hey.. Texas fans babeeee... hit the bus Longhorns... Game over babeee..."

Mofo was cracking me up. A good sport.

Before their stadium was expanded, it was great.. "touchdown Jesus" [now renamed Touchdown Jeebus in honor of Tim Tebow].

Just a great gameday atmosphere.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh...why won't Saturday hurry up and get here!?

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday needs to wait just long enough for the cable installer to show up this afternoon and for me to pick up some brews.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
being from the south, college football is life.

the nba and mlb can disappear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads