• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
If you order from Neiman Marcus make sure you go to retailmenot.com first, click on the NMSHIP code which will open the Neiman Marcus web page and apply the free shipping coupon automatically. I did it in reverse, went through checkout then applied the code and it rejected it. I had to start over and re-enter all the info after going through retailmenot.

Still had to pay tax - that sux.
frown.gif

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jenkinslaw
It's now listing as $325 on the website. Must have been a listing error on their part, or somebody ratted them out.
frown.gif

$325 is a rip.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Cranes said that he told his W rep about it...seems rather uncool to us if that is the case.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jenkinslaw
It's now listing as $325 on the website. Must have been a listing error on their part, or somebody ratted them out.
frown.gif

Sh!t... Damn I should have ordered it yesterday when I read this thread.

splattered

Reaction score
***Nevermind i just woke up and didnt know what you guys were referring to haha
smile.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $170 i was going to give these a shot, bulbous toe and all in black, but now at $325, hell no.

splattered

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time choosing between the montgomery and the burton, they both look pretty sweet... arghh

Not sure which size to go for either.

For those of you that have gotten your 1000 mile, how do they run? If i normally wear an 8.5-9 shoe and a uk7/eu41/us8 boot???

smile.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
Cranes said that he told his W rep about it...seems rather uncool to us if that is the case.

No uncool is having your entire inventory stock canceled and being told your pre orders may be also over a 25 buck discount because these boots are to be sold for no less than MSRP. This was done to us without warning and contradicts Wolverine's long standing policy of not setting any kind of price policy.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I agree there. This does suck for you and you are not a rat.

Although, I did place my order yesterday for them in Brown and I wonder if they will still honor my order.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Yea Crane's just stuck it right back at Wolverine. Those boots would've been flying if Pappas kept that $170 price. Nobody is going to buy that bulby **** now for $325 when you can get a brand new pair of Redwing GT's on ebay for $150. Won't be long before the Wolverine rep calls up Crane's and says "Ok we'll sell them to you now." And Crane's being the good businessmen they are will tell them to **** off unless they can set their own price point. It sucks for anyone that wants a pair now, but if I were Crane's I would've done the same thing.

Brinbro

Reaction score
At one time I was considering the 1000 Mile Boot but after hearing about Wolverine's treatment of Crane's and their general lack of tact - seriously, what moron is running their wholesale/web presence - I will not even consider them on sale. Not to mention the fact I've been following this thread for a while and the boots are hardly anywhere to be found - do they even want to sell their ******* boots?

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
At one time I was considering the 1000 Mile Boot but after hearing about Wolverine's treatment of Crane's and their general lack of tact - seriously, what moron is running their wholesale/web presence - I will not even consider them on sale. Not to mention the fact I've been following this thread for a while and the boots are hardly anywhere to be found - do they even want to sell their ******* boots?

Agree wholeheartedly. Not to mention, Wolverine showed up late to the Americana party and is simply trying to cash in (not that there is anything wrong with that, I suppose). Overpriced boot + ****** business practices = no sale. I'll keep my Red Wings, thank you very much!

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Even at the papashoe price of $170, I still couldn't buy this boot. That bulbous toe just looks horrible. The only reason I haven't bought the Red Wing GT is because of the toe but if I didn't mind it, I would definitely buy them instead of the Wolverines.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talked to someone at papashoe this morning and it sounded like Wolverine was a little less than cordial to them over all this. Rep didn't say whether they'd be canceling pending orders but said that they would not be selling them at $170, no matter the circumstance, to which I replied, "That's a bummer, because you won't be selling them at $320, either."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads