• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
*sigh* You guys act like your teams never ever lost against A&M.

FWIW - again I am supporting two alma maters, fortunately they will never play each other.

I only remember my school losing once to A&M since I was a student/alum. You have to like Mike Leach since he's one of the only coaches that will talk ****. Nobody wants to hear "utmost respect for *insert school".

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
If Texas doesn't make it to the BCS NC Game then their year was a bust. With that being said, my Red Raiders better win against A&M.

Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
The wailing and gnashing of tooth by aggy after yet another loss to the Pirate and his Crew.. is priceless.

Originally Posted by Bhowie
rolleyes.gif

*sigh* You guys act like your teams never ever lost against A&M.

FWIW - again I am supporting two alma maters, fortunately they will never play each other.

Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
The SEC may rule college football (as the knobslobberers at the Eastern Sports Promotional Network would have us believe).. but overall.. Texas is 95 - 44 - 4 against all SEC schools... including 9 - 0 - 2 against Florida and Alabama combined.

But.. my oh my.. the lovely co-eds at Ole Miss.... !!

yeah, yeah, count on a t-sipper to coast on their past glories and all that.

And - that 2047 number you quoted is meaningless to me. I didn't take the elective where we counted that high.

(right about now I'm wishing there was an irony smiley. ah well).

All this smack talk (especially Thomas spilling forth the vitriol) is giving me a raging hard-on!

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.K.A.
300_21115.gif

Too bad that last year we had to play Florida for the SEC championship, when Alabama was undefeated in regular season play.

Friggin' Tebow ran all over us. He did the same thing to Coach Mike Shula, too, when he wouldn't manup and tell him he intended to go to Florida, not Bama.

This weekend I hope Alabama wipes the Georgia Dome with some Hokie azz! I'll be there.

i think you're going to have to do more than just hope. Go Hokies!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I only remember my school losing once to A&M since I was a student/alum. You have to like Mike Leach since he's one of the only coaches that will talk ****. Nobody wants to hear "utmost respect for *insert school".

I am definitely older than you.

That said, if A&M beats either Tech or Texas (not that I'm holding my breath this year or anything) it will be a good year. And when I was at A&M, I never would have thought I'd hear myself saying THAT.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rolleyes.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am definitely older than you.

That said, if A&M beats either Tech or Texas (not that I'm holding my breath this year or anything) it will be a good year. And when I was at A&M, I never would have thought I'd hear myself saying THAT.

Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
plain.gif
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
plain.gif
frown.gif

hur hur, you said taint.
blush.gif

FWIW - one of my exes graduated from UT (but kindly hasn't rubbed in any snide remarks via FB), as did some relatives, and Mrs. T carries around a Longhorn backback that our FC simply HAD to HAVE. I agreed to send him to UT if he worked hard and got his act straight. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would to make that deal.

kooky

Reaction score
Ahhh. It's that time of year again. I've got my season tickets in hand, and I can't wait until Saturday.
Let the trash talk start flying!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SenorMatador
Go Bucks.

That is all.

Oh, and OSU>USC.

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt.
devil.gif

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt.
devil.gif

Finally some, if a little mistaken, Pac 10 love...

FIGHT ON!!!

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USC with a true freshman QB will be exciting. (still don't like them...)

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
devil.gif

Words of advice from a Texas - Ex who was in Columbus in 2005...

1. After the game, travel in packs.

2. Avoid packs of tOSU t-shirt after the game.. especially those who look drunk especially on Lane Street.

3. Get ready for obscenity laden trash talk and threats directed your way.

lol.. The Bucks have announced a public service campaign in essence asking their fans not to be jerks when our boys from the Naval Academy are offered up as sacrificial lambs.

http://deadspin.com/5346198/ohio-sta...r-five-seconds

Good luck with Swing State Aggy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads