• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trepanier wins Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man contest

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I wonder if Dan T can button that jacket. It's really bothering me now.

I was actually wondering the exact same thing when I saw him on stage.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Foo just got introduced to the nation by a former Spice Girl's cover of "It's Raining Men." That is, well, awesome.

Um, "Its Raining Men" was originally done by The Weather Girls. Don't ask me how I know this.
blush.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo smiled!!!

fan3.jpg

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I wonder if Dan T can button that jacket. It's really bothering me now.

The inability to button is an homage to the morning coat.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KHosten
From the screen shot alone, Ontario Armstrong had the best look and was the most at ease on the broadcast. Still, Dan T. had some great combos that appealed to the eds of Esquire.
Ontario did look pretty comfortable, but I didn't much care for the bell bottom pants, the size of the tie knot and him constantly having his elbow bent. However, he was definitely top 3 out of those 5.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I think Dan T. has the image and style most Americans would accept as well dressed and stylish. I prefer Foo's outfit/style out of all of them (and within this forum too). However, I do realize that many people might describe his style as stuffy, old man or classic (nice way of saying old). Dan looks very "fashionable". He's styled like a magazine editorial or a mannequin in a department stores designer section, which I don't mean as an insult. I think people don't give enough credit for what it take to put looks like this together. In any case as others have said, there really isn't a winner in a competition offering a $10k Kenneth Cole wardrobe. Note: I don't think Kenneth Cole is the equivalent of a fashion trash bag (I own a great down jacket that turns into vest with zip off sleeves), but I think for many on here a KC suit is a huge downgrade.
Didn't they talk about an IWC watch and 15K elsewhere. I'd ebay all that **** for say 10K and that'd be it but still. Ps: I think foo looks great and very natural so screw you haters.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Um, "Its Raining Men" was originally done by The Weather Girls. Don't ask me how I know this.
blush.gif

I just looked it up on youtube. Greatest music video ever.

pdial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

foo looked good, and wasn't the even shortest guy there.

Um.....you might wanna look again.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Didn't they talk about an IWC watch and 15K elsewhere. I'd ebay all that **** for say 10K and that'd be it but still.

http://www.esquirebdrm.com/prizes

$15K cash + year's supply of Nivea products
$10K Kenneth Cole wardrobe
IWC Portuguese Chronograph Automatic
Trip to NYC for fashion week

Not bad.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dan T. looked like a moron with that rugby shirt on.

Foo looked pretty plain, but I'm sure that's just how the 'Foo likes it.

It was pretty funny how they just had to sit there like morons while the Esquire guy spoke about them. That must have been the longest 15 seconds of Foo's life.

Somehow, I think losing is more validation for mafoofan than winning would have been. It fits right in with the whole "I'm going to be stylish when I am so boring I hate myself" motif.

KHosten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Ontario did look pretty comfortable, but I didn't much care for the bell bottom pants, the size of the tie knot and him constantly having his elbow bent. However, he was definitely top 3 out of those 5.

Agreed on the trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads