• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
A few pictures from Cliff of a pair of Balmoral shoes he is in the process of making for me, the final finish is to be very dark brown (espresso). I should have the more photos and the shoes within a fortnight.

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

looking better. that is ill

emptym

Reaction score
Those are incredible. I've never seen one shoe w/ two different sizes of broguing like that, but I like it a lot.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The G&G Warwick which has the two sizes of brogue was the shoe I has in mind when I asked Cliff to make these .

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Correct. They look like poor seconds...FWIW.

Would you mind pointing out the flaws for us?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Demonstrating my laziness here, but I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and couldn't find Cliff's contact information anywhere. Could someone please do me a favor and post his contact information, and, if available, indicative pricing.

Thanks,
Eustace

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Damien
Hello everyone, Thanks for this board about his work. I'd like to send him an e-mail, but the adress which is on page 3 won't work for me... Did he changed his adress ? I tried : [email protected] but it won't work... Thanks by advance for your help. Damien.
^^^^ Ensure that you manually type it into your email client. There must be something with the characters so copy and paste causes problems. For an existing pattern, without trees, you'll be looking at the £300 mark. Cheers Clint

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
^^^^

Ensure that you manually type it into your email client. There must be something with the characters so copy and paste causes problems.

For an existing pattern, without trees, you'll be looking at the £300 mark.

Cheers

Clint

Thanks Clint

Wrigglez

Reaction score
Hey clint how do i work out my sizeing. I only have a pair of RMW boots that fit me well to go off?
No access to EG, CJ, lobb, Loak ect

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrigglez...please be more specific

I've never heard of RMW boots

What size do you normally wear for shoes?

I found Clifford's special registered Springline squared and chiseled last to be roomier in the toe box area than any squared or rounded toe C&J, EG or G&G lasts. My pictures above verify this as to the G&G TG73.

As to sizing and room in the toe box, the 888 is similar to the TG73 but I found the TG73 to be rommier in the toe box area than the 888. Keep in mind Tony Gaziano of G&G created the TG73, and years earlier was involved in making the 888...thus the similar pedigree

I find C&J's lasts to be roomier in the toe box area than either G&G or EG...yet to my subjective tastes, the C&J lasts...except for the 348, are not as elegant...and I don't find roominess to be synonymous with comfort as the C&J's have too much room...which ultimately negatively affects overall comfort and fit

fox81

Reaction score
RMW = RM Williams, boots.

They're probably not the best benchmark for trying to work out a size for these shoes. If youre in Melbourne, I think American Tailors on bourke st ( near pellegrini's) has crockett & jones, maybe edward green as well. Also check out what harrolds on collins st or henry bucks have, as they quite possibly have some northampton made shoes. David Jones has loake and maybe cheaney as well.

Theyre all grossly expensive but you might get a chance to try on some shoes to get size guidance.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
...and I don't find roominess to be synonymous with comfort as the C&J's have too much room...which ultimately negatively affects overall comfort and fit
interesting observation. never felt that way... ...not talking particular about C&J's, i have none, just in general.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
cheers fox81, i also did a bit of a search and found that i think herringbone also has ed green, so i'll hea off to check them out when work slows down. cheers all

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
Hey clint how do i work out my sizeing. I only have a pair of RMW boots that fit me well to go off?
No access to EG, CJ, lobb, Loak ect

If it helps, I take a 9.5G in the RMW Turnout Jodpur boot. I take a 9.5 standard width in most other shoes.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
^^^^^^

thanks aswell, i emailed cliff, screw getting a new computer, i'll get a pair of shoes insted.
i'm sure cliff and i will have a very long chat about how to fit my feet just as i am sure i will be a delighted with my result as everyone else is with theirs.
thanks to everyone for the help and also a big thanks to the OP for finding cliff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads