• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Based on these pics, what inseam do you think I am?

TyroneFig

Reaction score
(The Dockers are unwashed/unworn so they may shrink a little.. so if I were to get them hemmed keep that in mind with any suggestions, the Levi STFs have been shrunk and washed as much as possible).

First pair are Dockers Signature Classic fit (full rise or regular rise etc), size 29 inseam. Leg on the left has been cuffed two inches, the one on the right only one inch.

IMG_0399.jpg

Second pair are Levi's STFs, they were a 30 inseam but have been shrunk as much as possible

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

The third pair are Dockers Signature Straight fit with an inch lower rise, size 29 inseam. Leg on the left has been cuffed two inches, the one on the right only one inch.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Why are you standing on a toilet?

So I could see what my pants look like in the mirror... and then take pics

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread wins.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
I like how everything is being flipped around horizontally.

Was this just edited? anyway
They are all against the mirror..
The ones that are flipped are to correct for the mirror...
The jeans are the ones that aren't flipped, and all from the mirror so there ya go

Anyway maybe I just never know where to wear my pants (and yes I'm being serious, there was a lot I didn't know up until the past year). I pull them up to where they're comfortable, basically where the bottom of the crotch hits the bottom of my 'junk'. Am I supposed to pull them all the way up to wear my 'junk' is sitting way on the sides.. essentially giving me camel toe?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please empty dustbin; retake pictures.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Anything but offer constructive criticism eh..

Anyway personally I won't wear my pants so high that all my stuff is pushed to one or both sides. I want the bottom of the crotch of my pants to actually hang below my freely hanging 'stuff'.
Yet they say inseam is measured from the top of the inside leg.. which is obviously not where I wear my pants near

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just go to a store and try on a few pairs to find your inseam?

litho

Reaction score
nice shoes..... NO

ironduke

Reaction score
I think a picture with jeans are better than other two pictures. Check the Levi's inseam with your measuring tape would be helpful finding your inseam. If you don't have the measuring tape, I suggest you would buy one.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
nice shoes..... NO

not about the shoes obviously. Not even my shoes!

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Why don't you just go to a store and try on a few pairs to find your inseam?

have you EVER seen a pair of pants with a 27 inseam? I haven't anyway.

I've seen 28, rarely. 29 in dockers, 30 in levis are the minimums I see these days

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyroneFig
not about the shoes obviously. Not even my shoes!

My mother was a nurse, as well.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
I'm guessing by the fact that none of you can offer any constructive criticism save for maybe one, that 99% of the people that come here only come to try and find as much as possible to nitpick and criticise. Obviously I don't care what you think of my shoes or where or how my pictures were taken. I am just seriously in need of advice on my inseam. That's it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads