• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Router/internet question...

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Update: I just picked up a new WRT160N router and I haven't been cut off at all yet. But I decided to set up the wireless just in case I need it for my laptop, but when I tested it, although it came up, it said that it needed a "domain logon" and a username as well as my 128 hex key. Any ideas?

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
Update: I just picked up a new WRT160N router and I haven't been cut off at all yet. But I decided to set up the wireless just in case I need it for my laptop, but when I tested it, although it came up, it said that it needed a "domain logon" and a username as well as my 128 hex key. Any ideas?
Hmm, that shouldn't be set up already.. Typically you go to 192.168.1.1 and enter the default username/password of admin or blank. Then you set it up there. I would try resetting it. These links may help. http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...dXJpdHk*&p_li= http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

ZackyBoy

Reaction score

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did set it up through the IP address... with a 128hex key but it asks for those additional pieces of information.
Oh, so you have your 26 digit hex key.. I assume you've tried leaving these fields blank. I don't know why you'd have a domain anyway.. Have you tried a factory reset?

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Oh, so you have your 26 digit hex key..

I assume you've tried leaving these fields blank. I don't know why you'd have a domain anyway.. Have you tried a factory reset?

Yeah. Tried reset and leaving blank.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How long did you hold the reset button down for? Just pressing it in is the equivalent of unplugging it. You've got to hold it down for 10 seconds or so.

Held it down for about 30s.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At which point are you getting this logon prompt? When trying to go back to the router's IP address using your browser?

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
At which point are you getting this logon prompt? When trying to go back to the router's IP address using your browser?

When attempting to connect to the network via laptop.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When attempting to connect to the network via laptop.
Ok. Does this prompt only come up when attempt to connect to your network from your laptop wirelessly or using a network cable as well? If wirelessly, do you launch either Windows or Linksys utility that let's you see a list of networks, find your network in the list (did you give yours a name/SSID to make sure you are trying to connect to the right network), click on it to connect, enter your password/hex keyand then get a prompt for domain name? Or do you succesfully connect to the network and try to access a shared folder on one of your other PCs and then get a login prompt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads