• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Look at the silver lining. This way you'll be forced to constantly be studying math--perhaps not your best subject?

b

True, and other people have overall thought positively of her. I guess I can't really judge considering she hasn't taught any actual material yet.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Yep, big time. I think I'm done with Blackberry. This is not the first one to die on me.

I imagine your phone is business-related, so I don't know how applicable this is, but I really enjoy my EnV Touch. I don't use it in a business enviro, but it's been a really good phone to have. Easy to use, great voice reception on both ends, etc. Very happy with it. Also, I had the original EnV for 2 1/2 years, and nothing ever went wrong with it. So I trust this company.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Days off are fuckin boring.
What I would do for a day off. Any day, For any reason. I don't care. The list of things I want to do is soooooooo long. Its five lifetimes. Even the list of things I want to do and can do (you know, realistically) is more than I ever could do. I didn't see the movie, but get a bucket list and get cracking.
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Starting school and finding out my math teacher seems to not be the easiest person in the world. Now it looks like it's going to be tests every other class and I'm not even at the credit course yet. Ugh.
You know, my best mathematics Prof did that -- a quiz every other class. It wound up being great because the conscientious but not naturally gifted (such as me) were compelled to work to keep up, ensuring that we didn't fall behind, which, of course is deadly in the sequential world of mathematics. That first course with him was so hard at the start, but I did better than I ever had before, and I wound up staying with that Prof (by choice) for another four semesters -- we're talking Calc II, III, Differential Equations with Linear Algebra, and Discrete Math. This is a ready memory in my mind as I was just writing the President of my alma to commend him for the quality of his teaching and how it helped me throughout my academic and into my professional career. ~ H

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
What I would do for a day off. Any day, For any reason. I don't care. The list of things I want to do is soooooooo long. Its five lifetimes. Even the list of things I want to do and can do (you know, realistically) is more than I ever could do. I didn't see the movie, but get a bucket list and get cracking.~ H

My problem is that when I'm working, that's all I'm doing. 16 hours a day, just work. So when I have a day off, it's nice and relaxing for maybe 2 or 3 hours, but then I get this really weird restless anxiety and uncomfortable feeling. I guess I need the fast pace of a kitchen to keep me going. I do have quite a large bucket list, but I have no money (working for free) and I also have to kind of try to take it easy on days off b/c I'm on my feet 90 hours a week. It's just weird I suppose, but I'd rather be at work than be in my apt doing nothing.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I imagine your phone is business-related, so I don't know how applicable this is, but I really enjoy my EnV Touch. I don't use it in a business enviro, but it's been a really good phone to have. Easy to use, great voice reception on both ends, etc. Very happy with it. Also, I had the original EnV for 2 1/2 years, and nothing ever went wrong with it. So I trust this company.
Some of my colleagues have switched to the iphone, I'm thinking of doing the same. I've got to replace mine this morning. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
What I would do for a day off. Any day, For any reason. I don't care. The list of things I want to do is soooooooo long. Its five lifetimes. Even the list of things I want to do and can do (you know, realistically) is more than I ever could do. I didn't see the movie, but get a bucket list and get cracking.

(...)~ H

No kidding. I've knocked a few things off the bucket list but many more beckon. And then there are the hobbies I took up and never did anything with, or abandoned because I didn't have the time. OY.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mosquito

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bug flew into my beer.

I didnt want to drink him, so I had to get up off my lazy ass and get a spoon to fish him out.

Now that I stood up I have to pee.

Fack.

K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
A bug flew into my beer.

I didnt want to drink him, so I had to get up off my lazy ass and get a spoon to fish him out.

Now that I stood up I have to pee.

Fack.

K

Sorry to hear that, bud. Good luck with it, perhaps it will turn out to be all for the best in the long run.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My problem is that when I'm working, that's all I'm doing. 16 hours a day, just work. So when I have a day off, it's nice and relaxing for maybe 2 or 3 hours, but then I get this really weird restless anxiety and uncomfortable feeling. I guess I need the fast pace of a kitchen to keep me going. I do have quite a large bucket list, but I have no money (working for free) and I also have to kind of try to take it easy on days off b/c I'm on my feet 90 hours a week. It's just weird I suppose, but I'd rather be at work than be in my apt doing nothing.

I would love more days off. Besides cooking, what are your other hobbies? I find that my weekends fill up rather quickly. At night I go out with friends so I have the day to do things. I play softball so that takes up every other Saturday and must golf a minimum of once a week, so either Sat and/or Sunday I'm on the links as well. I'm sure if you engaged more into a hobby, that relentless anxiety would quickly go away.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
I would love more days off. Besides cooking, what are your other hobbies? I find that my weekends fill up rather quickly. At night I go out with friends so I have the day to do things. I play softball so that takes up every other Saturday and must golf a minimum of once a week, so either Sat and/or Sunday I'm on the links as well. I'm sure if you engaged more into a hobby, that relentless anxiety would quickly go away.
But all he does is cook, eat, and think about cooking and eating. It's not like he can go out and troll for snatch.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
But all he does is cook, eat, and think about cooking and eating. It's not like he can go out and troll for snatch.

My problem is that my biggest hobbies, golf, tennis, and running, all require things I don't have. Like my clubs (and money) to play golf, a partner to play tennis with, and the energy to run.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My problem is that my biggest hobbies, golf, tennis, and running, all require things I don't have. Like my clubs (and money) to play golf, a partner to play tennis with, and the energy to run.
Talk to some of the other people in the restaurant and see what they get up to in their spare time. I imagine that they're all overworked/underpaid like you so they'll probably have some good ideas.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get you, I suppose. Not to be argumentative (people are too fond of Pygmalion projects). My situation is that between work and class my door-to-door day is 16-17 hrs, M-Th, and 8-10h on Friday. I sleep late on Saturday (like 10:00am max) and spend the rest of the weekend doing homework, with breaks mostly for SF and cooking. I'm looking for time to write my friends, burn a few CDs for my commute, maybe frame a photo or two, read for pleasure, organize my desk, configure my new little Netbook for class, stuff like that, nothing fancy. But most of it (especially the writing) is not stuff I can do in a scheduled 1/2hr block, it needs a little freedom from the pressure of a tightly defined moment. That's what I'm looking for. Anyway, I asked for this and now I have it, and I'm very lucky at that, it's just hard sometimes, though I think its getting better. ~ H

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stepped on my headphones this morning. Not cool. And I'm exhausted.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads