• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunkin
wondering is anyone can identify this model of Alden. From what i have gathered calling the store, they are an old pair the model's grandfather passed them down to him

aps-utilitytrouser-blk.jpg

http://www.shopdetour.com/product/ap...ouser-blk.html
pic of the back of them on this page

thanks

They look like a black cordo Indy.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't see a moc toe... looks like a ptb on a large volume last, barrie?

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunkin
wondering is anyone can identify this model of Alden. From what i have gathered calling the store, they are an old pair the model's grandfather passed them down to him
thanks

My vote is that those are not Aldens. Nothing about the construction looks like any Alden shoes that I've ever seen.

Nice lookin boots though...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Should be attached to this. I don't want to rehost them myself.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
^ Should be attached to this. I don't want to rehost them myself.

Did it ever come about as to where these were from? I'd love to get a pair, even if they are hard to track down.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Did it ever come about as to where these were from? I'd love to get a pair, even if they are hard to track down.
They were made for a store called Silver and Gold in Japan and are on the modified last. I believe they're already sold out.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

erbs

Reaction score
What's the best place to buy Alden in Chicago?

basho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
What's the best place to buy Alden in Chicago?

The only place I've found in Chicago that stocks Alden is Hanig's in the Hancock building. They only had a few models tho. I'd be interested if anyone else has found other places -- would like a place to try on the Indys.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hanig's is where I went to try on barrie lasts before buying a Chukka in Kudu.

They may not have a a huge selection, but if you need to try on an Alden shoe with the same last that the shoe you love is made around, then it is a viable place to do it.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ good-looking boot. is that horween chromexcel in the alden roy boot the same as the horween chromexcel in the wolverine 1000 mile? looks like it. i prefer the barrie's shape, the storm welt, and crepe sole to the wolverine boot. otherwise how are they different for $325 vs $445

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads