• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqjean
thats the thing with these 'classical' phony rich guys who try to act like they are superior to the world because they know something about fashion

they are passive aggressive douches.

have any friends off this forum (not you pole but guy you quoted)?

hey **** you ***** I have wasted time trying to help you when you refuse to read and have ignored virtually all the advice people have given you in the last two hours. go *************.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ericli90
Just like gqjean, i want to buy my first pair of raw denim.
I know APC is the standard choice and the pricing is not bad. The new standard fit looks like what I want. However, I can get some KMW 1980's for a similar price and I understand the quality is much better. Are the two similar in fit (both slim straight?) and which should i go for. (RRL is another option but i've heard mixed reviews).
Thanks!

Don't go for APC's because they seem like the standard choice. As hard as it is, if you're able to afford two options, then you should throw out price as a factor to your decision making. In my opinion, you should go for the KMW's 1980 but try to buy them from an online shop with a good return policy, assuming you cannot physically try them both on.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now the truth comes out. Seriously, you didn't have to sugar coat your hostility with 'no insult intended'. ...what happened to your passive-aggressive talk?

You are a lunatic. What the **** are you talking about?

I was trying to help you and you attacked me.

I have you on ignore now, so rage on crazy bastard. Wave your freak flag high and proud.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its just a pair of jeans. dont' sweat it, but don't be dense on purpose and then act like a victim. i was in the same boat and wanted to try out raw denim. so i found it on ebay at great prices. a pair of black apc NS with tags and another apc NS indigo. i didn't pay over $70 on each. now i know that the NS fit great. like a tapered 501 (or how levis would look on people in pictures from the 60's). i did the size down rules and regulations and wore them and am still wearing them. you can find what you're looking for... for cheaper than you think.. as long as your patient and persistent (search function on ebay and B&S right here). now... i know... because i tried. reading the forum helped out and yup i used the search function and it was quite fruitful.
Now the truth comes out. Seriously, you didn't have to sugar coat your hostility with 'no insult intended'. **** you ***** doesn't sound like the fine eloquence of a refined gentleman...what happened to your passive-aggressive talk? You mad that you have no life and that you just realized you've wasted the past 2 hours of your life reading this thread that you have no significant part in? You mad brah?

hchc

Reaction score
I have another question, when you wash a pair of raw jeans do they lose more/less indigo compared to regular jeans from say levis?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
So how about non-raw stuff?

Looking into getting a few pairs of denim, but I'm not really interested in raw. Mostly into darker washes with subtle distressing, but if something's neat enough I'll check out. Brands, cuts, washes, etc. to look for?

Uniqlo T-000 size up 1 in the waist.

hchc

Reaction score
I too like the dark jeans but besides levis 511 in a dark wash are there any non-raw really nice skinny/slim fit jeans say around the quality of the nudie raws but non-raw?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does the Nudie Jeans Grim Tim Skinny fit close or similar to 511's or is it slimmer?

aoluffy

Reaction score
last question about pbjs.. promise! a friendof mine is buying some pbj-005s. im buying mine later after he gets his lol. hes buying them first. his will be one wash. his measurements are 32'' waist below bellybutton. however when he wears 32 jeans they do seem "just right".. as in not tight at all. i think thats right. his bellybutton waist is like 31''. his thighs are like 22'' upper thigh. then midthigh is like 20'' (6 inches from crotch) 32'' onewash or 31'' one wash? major advice needed on how much inseam shrinks from one washes!!

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Does the Nudie Jeans Grim Tim Skinny fit close or similar to 511's or is it slimmer?

It's slimmer I believe.

Still, I'd recommend sizing down a size or two to account for the repulsive stretching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads