• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryn
I'm sure the cuff on these are too big. They're brand new rescues and I'm normally a 32 inseam. I want them hemmed.
fixed

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
You can double cuff or more until you actually have time/inclination to get them hemmed.

seriously
i 5x cuff my RRLs slim straights, i take them from 35" inseam to a 29.5"

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
over-rolling the cuff is bad too.

that hem is too long, cuffed or not. I think two rolls of the cuff should be the max; its a good rule of thumb to make sure you have enough material at the hem for a variety of fits. means that you can always unroll them if you got lo-cut shoes, or you can roll them up a little for higher cut shoes. but if you have to roll it more than twice to make it work, the hem's too long. period.

I like the shoes though. are they llbean, bass, or eastland?
I had some Bass ones, but then I ordered some Eastland ones and they are definitely styled a little better. more contemporary/young person shape (the vamp appears to be a bit longer on the eastlands, which I like. Makes it look less 'stubby.')

ryn

Reaction score
I just double rolled them until I get them hemmed. Kent, they're llbeans, cheap and comfortable.

ehirva.jpg

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
IMG_3681_fix-1-1.jpg

The color, texture and fit of the bottom half is really well done (especially with that bit of cuff to break it up), but the top seems out of place and generally mediocre.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryn
5np54h.png
I'm not sure if the cuff on these is too big. They're brand new rescues and I'm normally a 32 inseam but I want to wear them for awhile before I decide if I want them hemmed or not.

If those are brand new Rescues, those are going to be huge on you once they fully stretch out. They look too big on you as is right now also.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^correct

i sized down 3 and could have 4

Originally Posted by justtemple
that looks heads and tails better

y u ignorin me dawg?

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
y u ignorin me dawg?
my bad friend, i didn't even see that you said something to me! i really appreciate the kind words good sir.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i aint your friend homey

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN4617.jpg

sutter creek by levis
80's one wash black 501's
thrifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads