• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress the Foo: 'Lounge' outfit for the Today show

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it - what day is the Foofran going to be on TV?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Maybe I missed it - what day is the Foofran going to be on TV?

I think he said Sept 2, Wednesday.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I think he said Sept 2, Wednesday.

Yes, that's what he said. The description for that day on my DVR even mentioned the Esquire spot.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good for Mafoofan.

For those of us who actually have to work, can somebody post a video link (like Youtube or something) afterwards?

That would be really nice and helpful. Thanks.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[SERIOUS]

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Foofy: what they mean is something that (1) can be soiled, mussed up etc. while you wait to go on and...here's the part that explains (1) which is (2) that is friendly for make-up application.

At a minimum, you'll get powdered. You'll want make-up, so don't be a media n00b and apply forvm or faux-gent standards to that. Appearing on live TV already implies a certain loss of manhood, so suck it up.

Vox is correct. But be aware that this is also probably something of a trap. I will bet at some point they show the contestants live, backstage. I may be misremembering but I seem to recall a picture of you in Naples that was casual but still fit your own particular . . . idiom. Maybe something like that.

Do not let your jacket -- I assume you'll be wearing a Rubinacci -- out of your sight. DO NOT let some wardrobe flunky steam or press your jacket, assuming you might want to wear it again someday. People who work in wardrobe departments do not think in terms of clothes, they think in terms of costumes. Costumes are disposable. They will do things to your jacket to get it "right" for the shot with no thought whatsoever about any of the consequences. Worse, having no experience with proper tailoring, there is ever possibility that their attempts to steam and press it will wreck it on the spot. Do you have any idea how bad puckered seams look on HDTV?
[/SERIOUS]

In your interview, be sure and tell them that you intend to donate the 10K worth of Kenneth Cole to the homeless.

sjg22

Reaction score
I would define lounge-wear thusly:

What would you be wearing if you were having acquaintances or friends over to your place for a casual drink? For me, I would say a pair of jeans, some driving mocs and button down collar shirt (or polo shirt) and perhaps a sweater of some kind and definitely no socks - or, in the winter, some cashmere argyle socks. I would say lounge wear goes as formal as blazer but does not quite reach tie (exceptions made for silk knit ties perhaps). For me, it would go as low as some white, linen, well-cut shorts and maybe a madras shirt.

Whatever you wear to be relaxed and comfortable at home but still be acceptable for company should they suddenly arrive would be lounge wear in this context.

And if whatever you wear to your office is what you claim your lounge wear is, I feel a bit sorry for you.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet! And I don't need cable, right? For lounging, sleep in your tux and wear that, just undue bowtie as you get out of the cab. Try some 'relaxation' exercises - you don't want to pull a Ralph Kramden (chef of the future):

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
[SERIOUS]

Do not let your jacket -- I assume you'll be wearing a Rubinacci -- out of your sight. DO NOT let some wardrobe flunky steam or press your jacket, assuming you might want to wear it again someday. People who work in wardrobe departments do not think in terms of clothes, they think in terms of costumes. Costumes are disposable. They will do things to your jacket to get it "right" for the shot with no thought whatsoever about any of the consequences. Worse, having no experience with proper tailoring, there is ever possibility that their attempts to steam and press it will wreck it on the spot. Do you have any idea how bad puckered seams look on HDTV?
[/SERIOUS]

Foo, perhaps you can request that jefferyd be flown in to press your on-camera attire for you or at the very least oversee the pressing and serve as technical consultant.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Vox is correct. But be aware that this is also probably something of a trap. I will bet at some point they show the contestants live, backstage... Do not let your jacket -- I assume you'll be wearing a Rubinacci -- out of your sight. DO NOT let some wardrobe flunky steam or press your jacket, assuming you might want to wear it again someday. People who work in wardrobe departments do not think in terms of clothes, they think in terms of costumes. Costumes are disposable. They will do things to your jacket to get it "right" for the shot with no thought whatsoever about any of the consequences. Worse, having no experience with proper tailoring, there is ever possibility that their attempts to steam and press it will wreck it on the spot. Do you have any idea how bad puckered seams look on HDTV? In your interview, be sure and tell them that you intend to donate the 10K worth of Kenneth Cole to the homeless.
great_post.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to record this and Torrent it for me.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Foo, perhaps you can request that jefferyd be flown in to press your on-camera attire for you or at the very least oversee the pressing and serve as technical consultant.

How big-timer would that be? His own travel-sized jiffy-tailor.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

But gdl already lives in NYC.
devil.gif

--Andre

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
But gdl already lives in NYC.
devil.gif

--Andre

I believe that it is mathematically pointless to re-roll a single button SB front, however.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I believe that it is mathematically pointless to re-roll a single button SB front, however.

- B

Wait, are you suggesting that gdl has managed to re-roll a 3B to a 3-roll-2 in the past?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads