• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freshman Orientation

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just had orientation today. I got paired off with a small group of other people (around 20), and had to do those "get-to-know-you" introduction exercise *****. Most of the guys were guidos (I'd say 40% of the entire school is guido population), while the other guys looked uncomfortable as ****. Thank goodness the redeeming factor was the girls. I'm a commuter, so I get the worst of the worst. 98% of the commuters that were in the commuter meeting were minorities, and most of them were wannabe-hypebeasts. During the day, I just had random conversations with everybody, but none that particularly held my interest. Maybe I'm elitist from having been on SF. I know that the best way to dive into college is keeping it superficial at first, but what the ****. Commuting is total hell. I don't even have a cell phone, for ******* sakes. I'm thinking of a plan that offers 2 lines (one for family and me), with decent texting and good service. I don't want to jump across $60-70, because I'm on a budget, and college is already expensive as is. Any suggestions on that front? Overall, for those who know the gist of college, how would you recommend I approach this? I'm pretty new to all of this, as everybody else. Yet I'm at a disadvantage, simply because I commute. How do I get the CWGs? Wear A&F bootcut jeans and Old Navy flip-flops? I need some enlightenment here. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I go to Fordham in the Bronx, fyi.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a pay-per-minute phone. If your social life is as Conneous as mine, a $100 card can last you the better part of a year.

Get your CWGs from the designated thread on SuperFuture.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^+1

get a go phone. i think im going to switch over once my contract runs out. i use maybe half of my minutes and half of my text limit. (but i guess things depend on whether or not you call and text a lot of people)

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quit being such a wanna be elitist ****.

I'm willing to bet that you didnt make a particularly great impression on any of the other students and they probably dont even remember meeting you. Right now they are probably partying and having fun (like one should during orientation) instead of whining to their i-"friends".

K

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
I'm mixed. Asian/White.

How did I guess..

Originally Posted by VKK3450

I'm willing to bet that you didnt make a particularly great impression on any of the other students and they probably dont even remember meeting you. Right now they are probably partying and having fun (like one should during orientation) instead of whining to their i-"friends".

K

Fits right in at sf - home of virgin asian kids with sick jawnz, no sex

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
I'm a commuter, so I get the worst of the worst. 98% of the commuters that were in the commuter meeting were minorities, and most of them were wannabe-hypebeasts.

You poor thing!

+1

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pass out twinkies to all the girls and tell them "Here's something sweet to remember me by." Write your new phone number with a Sharpie on the wrapper.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

K

Originally Posted by Night Owl
How did I guess..

Fits right in at sf - home of virgin asian kids with sick jawnz, no sex

+10000 to all this.

You call people Guidos and this and that, but they are the ones having fun while you whine like a ***** at home.
frown.gif
Truly sad.

And what is a CWG? College White Girl?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
+10000 to all this.

You call people Guidos and this and that, but they are the ones having fun while you whine like a ***** at home.
frown.gif
Truly sad.

And what is a CWG? College White Girl?

Corny WG.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How the **** do you not have a cell phone? There is no way you are even remotely popular/cool/etc. enough to whining about "guidos" if you still have your mom and dad screening your calls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics