• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rode 30 miles yesterday. Plan on doing a shorter 10 mile ride with print intervals. later this week

sfo423

Reaction score
Muir Beach every TU & TH AM. 2:15 door to door and about 30 miles. Great scenery and good climbs.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only about 10 miles, but I had my 25 lbs. one-year-old son in the trailer, and the park was hilly.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jas0n
Rode 60 miles yesterday with quite a bit of climbing (4500 ft). I usually get out 5 days, 12 hours or so a week.

Sounds about what I do when I'm at home. Now that I'm at school and I don't have access to good roads I just use a trainer or I run.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous (seriously) of anyone who gets the chance to ride more than twice a week. I'm limited to mostly just riding on the weekends, so I usually average around 40-50 miles on my road bike (Saturday mornings), and if the opportunity arises, 12-15 miles on my mountain bike.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sfo423
Muir Beach every TU & TH AM. 2:15 door to door and about 30 miles. Great scenery and good climbs.

Lucky! Great scenery is an understatement.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Lucky! Great scenery is an understatement.

I actually take a longer route to work so that I can ride down the national Mall and see the monuments and museums. It's nice.

b

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sfo423
Today I have go 19 km, equal as 19.000 m
smile.gif
When I go before to Muir to ride is very nice!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did my quick sprint today. 10 miles 30 minutes. A few short hills. 3rd time i've ridden this week, but i'll know more about my schedule next week after school gets in full swing.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, none. I was too tired this morning to ride in. Plus, it's dark when I leave the house now so I need to go buy a front light.

Any recommendations on a good battery powered front light?

b

zatarregaza

Reaction score
I rode just under 11 miles yesterday morning. My first pre-work bike ride. Damn it was tough getting going half asleep with little more than half a sandwich in me for breakfast. I plan on doing this tomorrow morning as well.

Interestingly when I got home I turned on the TV to unwind a bit before showering for work and what did I find showing on Cinemax but Breaking Away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics