• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachy

Reaction score
How about you mix it up with a bit of "What is Red Wearing Today"?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG- perhaps even more attractive than the shoes is the fact that your friend does not have overdone fingernails- classy, yet real.

that girl

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, as always.

... i got a new hat! my friends thought i could pull it off, given my usual sartorial choices.

the band wraps around my head like a headscarf and will tie at whatever angle i choose. thoughts?

Photoon2009-08-30at2051.jpg

hat, federica moretti handmade

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
PG, just wondering but how often do you take your jackets and pants to be dry-cleaned?
All your posts, your clothes are perfectly crisp and pressed- just wondering
biggrin.gif

- I only d/clean (well spot clean if there has been a sauce accident) maybe once a season
- FWIW, what I have been wearing the last 6 weeks has yet to be d/cleaned (the coats & pants).
- A lot has to do with the quality & performance of the cloth, something I have learnt over the years - by the best you can. Also as I am a frequent flyer & hate hotel laundry service, I make it a point of getting high performance cloth (preferably natural fibres). What I also do is to air for 2 days between wearing

Originally Posted by Lachy
How about you mix it up with a bit of "What is Red Wearing Today"?
- great idea, I will ask her
Originally Posted by zissou
PG- perhaps even more attractive than the shoes is the fact that your friend does not have overdone fingernails- classy, yet real.
- agreed, there is so much BAD hand & nail action out there..

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno. It looks like the designer decided there's no reason that wearing an icepack shouldn't be stylish.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by Brinbro
His feet look good though - what boots are those?

Gordon Rush cuffed boots. I posted a pic of them in the recent purchase thread.

Originally Posted by jaac
like the jacket, and the boots are awesome. Shirt looks abit short? i dunno.

Good to see you out of a suit anyway.

Agreed that it's slightly short. It stretches out if I pull on it but over the day slowly goes back up to that point.

Originally Posted by jarude
Aeglus - are those skull 5010? Looks great.

Yeah, Skulls after a hem. They're finally loosening up after a little more than a month now.

Originally Posted by howardroark
Aeglus/

Looks really good from top to bottom. Maybe you could roll up your jeans a bit more?

Thanks. I sort of like the stacked look but once I soak/wash these then they'll shrink up some anyways. I don't really want to have big cuffs though.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
\\

Yeah, Skulls after a hem. They're finally loosening up after a little more than a month now.
\\

those are the kind of skull stacks i'm trying to get

Lachy

Reaction score
Grund, don't over think it or worry about it, just wear them, I used to think mine looked a little off too. They'll loosen up and settle soon enough. I've got a WAYWT post to make tonight, Skulls & W+H Boots, should make you happy. Meant to post this morning, but ran out of time. And the damn battery ran out of charge.

Lachy

Reaction score
Uncontrol, I like that fit much better. It's not screaming look at me, but it is still different. A good balance IMO.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Grund, don't over think it or worry about it, just wear them, I used to think mine looked a little off too. They'll loosen up and settle soon enough. I've got a WAYWT post to make tonight, Skulls & W+H Boots, should make you happy. Meant to post this morning, but ran out of time. And the damn battery ran out of charge.

******* post it mang! i got mine hemmed to 35 and need to get a pic up

hydrogen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

I think I should invite guest photographers, or just keep Red on coffee retainer.. As she also has a good eye..
P8313553.jpg

Great photograph and interplay of colors and textures. This is the kind of thing I'm more interested in than the minutiae of fits of denim and whatever monochromatic button downs/tees/footwear are currently in favor according to the most vocal SW&D regulars. I hope there's room on this thread to post outside those expectations. I'm glad to see PG doing it and hope others can follow this idea and be accepted on this thread. I know I would be interested in more of these kind of examples from other POVs.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
& Easy on the eye
P8313547.jpg

Love the texture here -- that's the way to do black and white! Clean, simple and classy all the way, but in a way that's unexpected.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i don't see it as different, it's just a t-shirt and jeans haha. this is my beater outfit
Well it has a deep v, and you're wearing jewelry, so it still has that sort of feminine touch to it, but it's subtler which is what I was talking about. Of course, we can't see if you're still wearing flares, so I have to assume you are. Sub in better jeans and I am on board.
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Great photograph and interplay of colors and textures. This is the kind of thing I'm more interested in than the minutiae of fits of denim and whatever monochromatic button downs/tees/footwear are currently in favor according to the most vocal SW&D regulars. I hope there's room on this thread to post outside those expectations. I'm glad to see PG doing it and hope others can follow this idea and be accepted on this thread. I know I would be interested in more of these kind of examples from other POVs.
We're just getting out of summer, when jeans and a shirt is what people are wearing. Reason I haven't posted a fit pic in months, it wouldn't be worth the time to set up for. Once fall gets into full swing you'll see more interesting stuff. It's always the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads