• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey Fall '09

ss10guy3

Reaction score
I've been a little bit worried about Hickey lately. They lost their lead designed, their NY store closed, and their website hasn't had anything new up in...well, a really long time. But some of the pre-order stuff on the Bloomingdale's website has totally restored my faith. Check it out.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search...WORD_GO_BUTTON

P.S. I can't figure out how to post pics from the site, but if you can, please do.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
My favorite thing about hickey is the fit. The quality is also very good (I'm assuming better than L.L. Bean--but I could be wrong), and I like the details--like the fact that the new chambray is selvage. I won't try to sway you, but I think one of the things hickey does really well is take more classic styles, such as L.L. Bean, and make them more fitted while also upping the quality.

The boys suits, by the way, were from Hickey Freeman, not hickey, which leads me to suspect that you may really dislike the younger brand!
butbut.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
Did this really restore your faith? I mean, cool suits for boys, but the men's stuff is meh IMHO. I am more excited about the new LL Bean line. It's basically the same stuff for much less.

What is new at Bean?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
What is new at Bean?

Dude from Rogues Gallery is doing a new line for them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
uh I don't know why anyone would ever consider buying hickey at retail, considering: a. everything makes it ridiculously marked down, b. the retail prices are ABSURD for what is offered

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by travisttt
I've been a little bit worried about Hickey lately. They lost their lead designed, their NY store closed, and their website hasn't had anything new up in...well, a really long time. But some of the pre-order stuff on the Bloomingdale's website has totally restored my faith. Check it out.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search...WORD_GO_BUTTON

P.S. I can't figure out how to post pics from the site, but if you can, please do.

Can't say that's anything special.. looks like they're going to continue to be in trouble.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
I won't deny that I pretty much only by hickey when it goes on sale. But it does go on sale at great prices, with decent quantity, regularly. Very few of the other brands I like do that. Plus, you can order from their website, consult their (generally) very good sizing chart, and not have to run around LA looking for sales.

But...you may disagree. That's okay, more for me!
laugh.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it, but wouldn't buy before sales. I wish they did a fair isle with a nicer color scheme.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by travisttt
My favorite thing about hickey is the fit. The quality is also very good (I'm assuming better than L.L. Bean--but I could be wrong), and I like the details--like the fact that the new chambray is selvage. I won't try to sway you, but I think one of the things hickey does really well is take more classic styles, such as L.L. Bean, and make them more fitted while also upping the quality.

The boys suits, by the way, were from Hickey Freeman, not hickey, which leads me to suspect that you may really dislike the younger brand!
butbut.gif

I actually quite enjoy hickey. I picked up that black-watch togglecoat they have had for a while last winter. Quality and fit are pretty good (though I wish the shirts fit slimmer around the waist). I agree with what others have said about it being overprices @ full retail, but in that spirit, who am I going to see at the sample sale tomorrow?
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads