• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

needhelp

Reaction score
Linsook - nice fit! Question about your self-measurement...Did you give any allowance on your measurements (i.e. 1'' round-up) or did you provide them with the raw measurements?

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by needhelp
Linsook - nice fit! Question about your self-measurement...Did you give any allowance on your measurements (i.e. 1'' round-up) or did you provide them with the raw measurements?
measurements, as directed from their site (they got video guidelines); 1 finger in every measurement (except chest and shoulder; they were snug measurements). from what i can tell they add two inches to the chest and waist measurements, and 1/2- 1 inch to the rest.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoshuaCEO
linsook thanks for psoting the pictures. I really want to order about 10 suits from indochino. I wanted to ask you if the price is worth it and is the quality of the suits good? Aldo if I am purchasing 10 suits do you recommend I should buy from indochino or TaT? and last question is what is that TaT website? never heard of this one but you mentioned they have custom suits as well.
If your purchasing 10 suits I would recommend you getting one made before you ordered all ten. That way you know what you are getting. Also, it might be worth considering getting higher quality and fewer suits.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
img3146.jpg
img3151.jpg

img3155.jpg
just got another. pretty happy again... although i may have altered made either the hip measurement or waist measurement too much, can see the back vent sort of getting pulled erect. but overall still very nice.

jim10

Reaction score
LERT! Indochino just raised their suit prices. It looks like $50 across the board. Plus, the 20% off promo code I've used before is set to expire on September 1st. All of a sudden their inexpensive suits aren't so inexpensive anymore. I guess they think the recession is over.

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jim10
ALERT! Indochino just raised their suit prices. It looks like $50 across the board. Plus, the 20% off promo code I've used before is set to expire on September 1st. All of a sudden their inexpensive suits aren't so inexpensive anymore. I guess they think the recession is over.

i just placed an order on sunday night 9/7/09 and the coupon code worked fine. i will post a review once i get the suit.

shiftless_bum

Reaction score
The price jumps seem to have hit the wool more than the cotton suits, so may be a sourcing issue. I recall getting a notice from them saying they're now using horn buttons and Australian wools so this may have pushed the price up a bit.

A made to measure suit for sub $400 is still pretty good in my book. I got both of mine sub $300 and got two free shirts with each - I almost felt guilty... I've been happy with both my suits.

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shiftless_bum
The price jumps seem to have hit the wool more than the cotton suits, so may be a sourcing issue. I recall getting a notice from them saying they're now using horn buttons and Australian wools so this may have pushed the price up a bit.

A made to measure suit for sub $400 is still pretty good in my book. I got both of mine sub $300 and got two free shirts with each - I almost felt guilty... I've been happy with both my suits.

how'd you get free shirts? did you know you were getting free shirts with the suits, or were you surprised by them? could you post any pics of the suits? are they slim fitting?

blam89

Reaction score
any one havfe any experience with their coats? their navy peacoat and grey away coat are piquing my interest..

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
So, I'm a short guy -- 5'4" if I push myself (on a good day). I am thinking of giving Indochino a shot. Might take my measurements today and go for it.

I'll let you know how it works out.

BTW -- long-time reader, new poster -- happy to finally be part of the community!

Carmine

shiftless_bum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shazeh
how'd you get free shirts? did you know you were getting free shirts with the suits, or were you surprised by them? could you post any pics of the suits? are they slim fitting?
They had sales around Father's day or Christmas when they'd make a special offer. Haven't seen on in a while. They'd have it on for a week, so unless you signed up for their newsletter (which I get as a customer) you'd need to trip across it when they come up. For example, in late April, if you bought a plaid suit, you'd get two free shirts. The sales could come out if they were bringing in a new line of suits. I find the suit pretty slim fitting. I'll see if I can get some pictures taken in the next couple of days...

cinciesquire

Reaction score
All -

I'm thinking about ordering an Indochino suit in the coming weeks, but am curious whether their "slim fit" will work with my build. I'm 5'9" on the button, and wear a 42 jacket with a 32 waist. With most off-the-rack suits I try on, the lapels lift off my chest. I'm not musclebound by any means, but suits just don't seem to fit me that well, and I wonder if a slim style suit will only amplify this problem. Also, I seem to have a wider neck than most men my height, around 17 inches.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
If your purchasing 10 suits I would recommend you getting one made before you ordered all ten. That way you know what you are getting. Also, it might be worth considering getting higher quality and fewer suits.

This. All of it.

Try one out before you buy 10. Also, reconsider buying 10 suits from Indochino. With the money you spend on 10 Indochino suits, you could buy 5 suits of substantially higher quality. I forget whom I'm paraphrasing here (Antongiavanni?), but it's been said that it's far better to own fewer suits of high quality than many suits of lesser quality.

In Indochino's defense, the suits seem like a good bet for the money you pay, and the evolution of user pics over time is showing steady improvement in fit and construction. But Indochino is still not the kind of outfitter from which I'd buy 10 suits.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
Their website is very slick. I assume it's been updated since the orginal post a couple years ago. The styles on their model looks pretty good as well.

It also looks like these guys are a venture funded company so they can afford good marketing/website and hire customer service reps.

I just ordered my TaT suit today. But I'm these guys have definitely intrigued me. It's definitely a full-time business for Indochino while TaT is passion project for Jason. There are pros and cons to both and how the business is run...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads