• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gave in to the sale rack temptation locally and grabbed the KMW indigo tee (context pic) for $50. had to do it

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^Yeah, I really think you could do better for that price.

Such as? I'm really having trouble finding a black laced boot that isn't too dressy. Everything seems crappy, and I'm just settling at this point.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Such as? I'm really having trouble finding a black laced boot that isn't too dressy. Everything seems crappy, and I'm just settling at this point.

For the price of the ones you posted? I think Redwing provides a few models that might be up your ally.

Geste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
In general European designers are terrible when it comes to making jeans. Only Slimani came up with a decent fit and fabrication. D&G, Givenchy, Armani, Balenciaga, Neil Barret, Prada etc...all crapola!

I still have my Dolce & Gabbana's, distressed, black-painted jeans (2005) and they are the ****!They retailed for $800., the chrome logo and blue calf-pocket square was the main cost perhaps - and not mentioning the garment bag w/hanger, but they initially looked like leather and before and after two washes - quote, "ANGEL *****"! (Tooch43..) - at your beckoning!

Ralph Lauren have a similiar jean (faded blue) w/ paint splashes at $550 Around the same time..the european market was desparately trying to keep up with denim craze during that era and yes, some were very crappy (Gucci, Armani, Versace, and some others...)

Keep in mind those type of jeans were made for the "jet-set" crowd to make them feel empowered-(thoughts of certain SFers),over the regular jean commoners. Balenciaga jeans are worthy (not mentioning their outbreak on shoes - boots in partically) because their targeted audience are "pushing-the-envelope-at-comeupance-guess" costumers/fans and also young, hot, gyrating video crowds meaning profit. They look nice so if you like them, and they appeal to your lifestyle and wallet, buy them. It's not that you are going to wear them in heavy rotation.

My $0.02

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat

i got my black ps ricard boots for that price

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
i got my black ps ricard boots for that price

I have Ricards. I'm looking for something more rugged.

The Red Wings are okay, but I don't like the toe. I think I'll just hold out for some N.D.C.s next year or something.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always try some Corcorans if you want rugged. They'll be about half that price.
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
gave in to the sale rack temptation locally and grabbed the KMW indigo tee (context pic) for $50. had to do it
Yes, you did have to do it. It's an amazing shirt. Where did you find it? This, thanks to Chip:
eg-round-collar-shirt-280x300.png

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobo - once you realize you're just NOT going to wear those, I will be happy to take them off your hands... assuming they are a 10.5 0r even 11G. Just trying to help.

Confurious

Reaction score
3864291384_484c073a34_o.jpg
3863507995_ba76bd0f97_o.jpg

3864291366_16917af80b_o.jpg

Once upon a time, I owned a pair of Levi's. The relationship was strained, words were said that could not be unsaid, and ties were broken soon after, leaving me to weather the loss and pick up the pieces.

But what kind of self-respecting jeans lover doesn't have a pair of Levi's in his collection?! These should serve as a good remedy. They're not capital Es, but I loved the fit. Proof positive that I have not yet given up on bootcuts. I may swap between these and the Uniqlo MIJs. Sorry about the poor picture quality, though.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy

Mother F'er, I've been looking for that and in Portland too? Was it at blake?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
Bobo - once you realize you're just NOT going to wear those, I will be happy to take them off your hands... assuming they are a 10.5 0r even 11G. Just trying to help.

Thanks, but they are a 12
smile.gif
I tried them with Edwin nashville today, only thing I need is a slim sports coat, and then i´ll be on some sexy, milf-hunting steez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads