• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Stores don't stock XS. They might have the occasional online return, but the odds of finding a youngstown XS outside the web site is 0.

looks like it's a Red Phone purchase for me.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
^ Most J. Crew stores totally suck in terms of selection. Expect to see a small fraction of what's on the website. But sometimes, you'll find things IRL that are not even on the website.

A lot of things are catalog/online items only. And there a few things that are store only. A clerk tried to explain that it has something to do with there actually being two distinct business operations, which is why you also see different prices online sometimes, but it still didn't make sense to me.

v3l

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
A lot of things are catalog/online items only. And there a few things that are store only. A clerk tried to explain that it has something to do with there actually being two distinct business operations, which is why you also see different prices online sometimes, but it still didn't make sense to me.
There's also four "levels" of stores that get more/less items accordingly.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Saw that today at the factory outlet; supersoft shirt.

Neat; guess I'm stopping on my way up to Michigan next weekend. Were there any other notable F/W items in factory versions?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon flipping through the latest J Crew catalog that came in the mail, I noticed something really annoying. In every fit picture, one sleeve cuff and/or (usually and) one pant cuff is always turned up. I could understand if it was done randomly, but in every photo?? It's worse than seeing the models pretend to read Steinbeck (which isn't actually that hard to do).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Explain.
Store levels 1 and 2 get the good stuff, 3 and 4's get just the basics. Based on sales, store performance, and such.

youalreadyknow

Reaction score
Anyone tried the The Whitman herringbone sportcoat on?

Picture1.png

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow
Anyone tried the The Whitman herringbone sportcoat on?

Picture1.png

Yup. There was a discussion a few pages back.

glimmertwins

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the garment dyed jeans? How do they look in person? How is the fit? Was thinking of picking up a pair since I have so much blue denim in my closet. Are they vantity sized like much of the rest of the pants?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glimmertwins
Has anyone tried the garment dyed jeans? How do they look in person? How is the fit? Was thinking of picking up a pair since I have so much blue denim in my closet. Are they vantity sized like much of the rest of the pants?

I've thinking about getting these too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads