• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben sherman suits: Where?

LaPuzza

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can still buy Ben Sherman (Kensington) suits?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Smahatma

Reaction score
There is a Ben Sherman standalone in Soho (Mercer & Greene St.) NYC. They have one full section for suiting.

LaPuzza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
There is a Ben Sherman standalone in Soho (Mercer & Greene St.) NYC. They have one full section for suiting.

That's fantastic! I was afraid that they didn't make them when I couldn't find them on the web site.

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LaPuzza
Is there anywhere I can still buy Ben Sherman (Kensington) suits?

Any advice would be very welcome.

At least around here, the Rack seems to have a few suits every time I stop by.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them being sold at the mall. They're probably not as hard to come by as you may think.

LaPuzza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korovamilkbar
nordstroms

I see that they used to have them on the web site, but they're all listed as OOS. I guess I'll have to find my nearest Nordstroms.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the quality of Ben Sherman suits, but you can get them at a STEEP discount at the SoHo store. Like $100~$200 per suit.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
I don't know about the quality of Ben Sherman suits, but you can get them at a STEEP discount at the SoHo store. Like $100~$200 per suit.

I think the quality is pretty bad. They usually stock them at TK Maxx here in the UK - looking at around £80 a suit.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
I think the quality is pretty bad. They usually stock them at TK Maxx here in the UK - looking at around £80 a suit.

Yeah, I figured at much. From what I saw when I went by their store in Soho the styling of the suits was ok. I didn't spend any time inspecting them but I figured the quality would be pretty low. Probably up there with Zara and H&M as far as quality goes, but with more of an English flavor.

I'm not knocking it, if you need a beater suit for around $100, you could do a lot worse.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They charge quite a bit more for them up here in Canada. What an embarrassment.

cthip

Reaction score
i have a ben sherman suit. navy 3 button with a faint windowpane pattern. flat front pants with a lower rise, somewhat narrow (but not super-skinny) lapel. it was my favorite suit PRIOR to discovering these forums.

after learning more about construction and quality in suits, here's my honest opinion:

for a relatively tall, thin guy, the fit (#1 priority for me) is outstanding. nothing has ever fit me right OTR like my ben sherman suit. if i remember correctly, all it needed from the tailor was a hem and a slight lengthening of the sleeve. the skirt of the jacket is a little on the short side, but since that's relatively "trendy" right now (for persons outside of this forum at least) i can get away with it.

the fabric is kinda crappy--sort of rough and itchy. picks up lint like no other. that being said, it's held up reasonably well. after about a year of regular (once a week) wear, it still looks good. as good as new really after a cleaning and pressing.

it's fused, not canvassed, but it seems to be a nicer-quality/softer fusing than some of my other cheapie-mall suits so the lapel rolls a little more naturally. it easily looks as good as my newer half-canvassed suits, and repeated dry cleanings have not done anything weird to the fusing so i'm not too worried about it.

i had to have the zipper replaced on the pants a couple of weeks ago. no big deal.

bottom-line, it's not the best suit in the world. for the $350 or so i paid at nordstrom rack it's pretty decent and still one of my preferred suits, although no longer my favorite. i'd say if you can get one for under $300 it's probably a decent buy. someone referenced h&m and zara previously--i can't really comment on the zara suits but i'd take this suit over an h&m suit any day.

oh yea--the lining is a kinda loud burnt-orange color. it works for me, but if you're buying online and you haven't seen the lining you might be in for a surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads