• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What items are on your wishlist

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2
Quadron? Great watch, I have one too, almost the same as this

http://www.pixelp.com/gruen/1922.html

but you guys are tempting me to try an Omega.

No it's a square wristwatch with a round movement though.

Some of those old Gruens--especially the Dietrich Gruens--were beautifully finished.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i started this thread 2 years ago, my tastes have changed obviously... and i tend to have a running list of things i want so i feel like i am okay for resurrecting this.

it isn't necessarily stuff that is out of reach, hard to find, or any of those things... simply things i don't have that i would like to have or plan on getting asap.

white/red/navy fred perry shirt... it probably wouldn't get a ton of wear until spring rolled around, but i feel like it is the perfect spring summer shirt for nice casual dinners, or just cruising around town.

[i can't seem to find a good picture] some brown florsheim or the like sidezip ankle/beatle type boots. i see various guys around town sporting worn vintage boots like them... i think they aren't too cowboyish, and aren't quite as dandy and proper as like the paul smith boots everyone here seems to have.

n-1 or foul weather deck jacket. i really like the mister freedom version, but feel like with some persistence i would be able to find something similar, or similar enough.

a lee/wards/sears... basically an 'off brand' sherpa lined jean jacket, or a wrangler sherpa lined chore coat. i used to see them all the time in thrift stores in sizes like 48,40, et cetera. I always have my eyes opened for them, but they never seem to turn up.

vintage russell athletics t-shirts

engineer boots

a not from wal-mart military watch

some slimmish duck cotton work pants. i really like the color of dickies/carhartt work pants but the fit is too large in the thigh and leg. i suppose i could try having them tapered, but i feel like they'd look like total ass. i liked the 511 for a while, and i have been wearing them to work... but they aren't the wonder slack they were when i first got them.

a green/white varsity coat... its gonna turn up in a thrift store i just know it... though i feel it would take me a while not to feel like kevin arnold sporting it

slim shorts, i liked the ones i had from target, but they are basically old dude golf shorts

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red leather jacket. Not sure what brand, but will be obtained.
biggrin.gif

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Raf Simons suit probably in black
-Jil Sander charcoal V-Neck
-Aldens boots in #8 cordovan
-W+H sneakers in gray

Though, realistically, I don't see myself getting more than 1 of these within the next year.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Fan 60's in black probably, if they're good for snow.

hchc

Reaction score
definitely some burgundy leather boots not sure what style I'm looking for though

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
-Raf Simons suit probably in black
-Jil Sander charcoal V-Neck
-Aldens boots in #8 cordovan
-W+H sneakers in gray

Though, realistically, I don't see myself getting more than 1 of these within the next year.

Now we're talking...

Also some boat shoes (Sperry) for a cruise I have coming up soon.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a massive list.

I keep a text file on my iPhone that I play around with when I'm bored.

ATM, I'm just getting basic pieces.

Next year, I want to be getting quality footwear (Crockett and Jones, Paul Smith) build a professional wardrobe (all MTM / Bespoke) and get key pieces for my casual wardrobe - a rediculously expensive leather, rediculously expensive shoes and some MTM pieces, a M65 shirtjacket and an M65 in grey tweed, lined with wool.

ntaqip!

Reaction score
W+H grey denim
Krane cyril
Tailored shirts...

realistically, I think the shirts are the only thing that'll happen anytime soon; money's tight for now.

erbs

Reaction score
Barbour A7 International
Alden #8 Longwings

That's about it for SW&D, but I really need to build my business/professional wardrobe.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always afraid I'll be ashamed of these old kop lists.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
1. Sunglasses (Wayfarers, probably) DONE. BOUGHT VINTAGE, LOVED THEM, LOST THEM A FEW WEEKS AGO
2. 5EP/styleforum jeans DONE
3. A new polo or two, something with a little more character than RL/Lacoste/AA--maybe Stinky Rat, if I ever see any DONE, ALTHOUGH REALLY, POLOS WITH CHARACTER?
4. A pair of olive-color shorts, I still haven't committed to anything DONE, PROPPER BDUs

For fall:
5. A new (or used) suit--Canali or Corneliani, likely (unfortunately, TaT probably not my style) DONE--GOT MARRIED IN IT
6. Maybe some new brown laceups--maybe some longwing wingtips DONE, SEVERAL TIMES OVER
7. A wool Eng. Garments jacket NOT DONE, surprisingly

I think I'm good on hoodies, jackets, coats, and sneakers right now. STILL TRUE

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
in process: MTO oxblood longwing brogues by NPS-Solovair, hopefully ready in December

still want, almost got: JunyaxTrickers navy brogues, ½ size small when they were in my hands, on my feet

in theory: navy prince of wales pattern Crombie coat with navy or dk brown velvet collar, not sure if this exists anywhere

maybe in early 2010: Vass "london derby" on budapest last or the same shoe as an 8i laceup boot, in bordeaux

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads