• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ted Kennedy's shirt cuff...

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdavis
Single cuff shirts are very styling. I think they are a nice touch. I see them from time to time in our firm. I like the cuff shape better than french..

These seem more dressy - and formal - than French cuffs.

Canal Directo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim

They are more formal than French cuffs

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
8.21%20Robert_Kennedy.jpg

I love this look.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really, let's keep the politics out of this. Whether you agreed with him politically or not, Ted Kennedy was an American original. It's been said that some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. You can argue which of these applied to Ted Kennedy but there is no question that he wore the mantle and wore it well. He'll never be subject to the hagiography his brothers were. He was a flawed human, but magnificently flawed, like a character in a greek play. Love him or hate him, the world will be a little less interesting without him.

Thanks for these pictures. I am now moved to get a couple of single-cuff shirts and to wear them in homage to the last of the Kennedys and a truly epic period of American history.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Really, let's keep the politics out of this. Whether you agreed with him politically or not, Ted Kennedy was an American original. It's been said that some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. You can argue which of these applied to Ted Kennedy but there is no question that he wore the mantle and wore it well. He'll never be subject to the hagiography his brothers were. He was a flawed human, but magnificently flawed, like a character in a greek play. Love him or hate him, the world will be a little less interesting without him.

+1

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
God bless his soul...He used to represent the America we love in Europe..

If you live in Calabria or any mafia region of course, in the real Europe he is hated as Zapatero and those commies.

Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Or as I like to call it the America we hate in America.

Well said!
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

sfo423

Reaction score

Anyway with China and India growing very quickly and the resurgence of Russia as a world power, you will need us more than ever..

yes we will; someone has to buy our ****.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Most Europeans do not like nor understand right-wing Americans politicians but are able to make a difference with the average Joe Bloke...
If you were all Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld type of guys , Obama would not have been elected..

Anyway with China and India growing very quickly and the resurgence of Russia as a world power, you will need us more than ever..

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Canal Directo

I'm not sure about this. Does anyone have a source?

Single cuffs are worn with white tie, but since the cuffs are made of a very thick material I suspect the choice had a practical origin.

As far as I know double (French) cuffs are acceptable with all daywear no matter how formal.

Mid 20th century business shirts (for wear with lounge suit) often had convertible cuffs.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God bless his soul...He used to represent the America we love in Europe..

Is that because of Crooked Joe's kinship with Adolf and the Nazi regime...you know the one that cost him his ambassadorship to England, or do Europeans have a penchant for drowning women?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is sad that you struggle with the idea that some Europeans can love and admire America...

It is like you love the sense of paranoia and isolation some politicians have created to push their own agendas..

Come to Europe and you will be surprised how little hatred there is towards the average American..There is a difference between disagreeing with a foreign policy and hating people..

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to Europe and you will be surprised how little hatred there is towards the average American..There is a difference between disagreeing with a foreign policy and hating people..

Very true.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's used for formal shirts: morning suit, full evening dress.

They look good but neither Teddy or Bobby are wearing them in formal settings.

AAMOF they seem to be wearing standard business wear other than the cuffs.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche
If you live in Calabria or any mafia region of course, in the real Europe he is hated as Zapatero and those commies.

Yes, real Europe loves Bush, Cheaney, and that whole all-American bestiary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads