• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is The Best Face Wash for Men?

amnesiac

Reaction score
075609009242.jpg

I use olay gentle fragrance free for sensitive skin daily, and then every few weeks when i have the time i do an olive oil/castor oil hot towel cleaning.

Oil Cleansing

When I had acne I did the oil cleansing more often and it definitely tamed the oiliness of my skin and kept me well moisturized especially in the winter.

Also, the idea of "men's skin care" is snake oil marketing as far as i'm concerned. You could take "women's skincare products" change the scent and packaging to something "masculine" and make a killing. You're far better off getting products that suit your skin type, whether it's marketed for women or men.

thebarber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassyGuy1
I'm in the market for a new face wash (currently using Clearasil Ultra) and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really superb face wash for men.

There are quite a few great face cleansers out there! Here a two that I like very much, Multi-Action Face Wash by Lab Series and Algae Face Cleanser by Anthony Logistics.

Keep in mind that is is recommended to exfolliate your skin up to twice a week. So here are two from these same lines - Invigorating Face Scrub (Lab) and Facial Scrub (Anthony).

Enjoy!

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Cetaphil or Eucerin based on Derma's recommendation. But am curious to know if anyone out there has used a cleanser that can comfirm they experienced diminished pore visbility as a result ?

turbozed

Reaction score
I use the imitation Cetaphil from Walmart. Why pay more?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
+1, switched to this and will never ever look back. Skin looks so much better.

Which clinique product, there are a lot of cleansers..

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimbo123
water
worship.gif

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Use water, first couple splashes should get rid of the dirt and your natural oils should clean your face. I wash my face with water a couple times a day by rinsing with really hot water, then really cold water, then hot water, then I massage my face by spreading the oils from my forehead and nose around to the rest of my face then I rinse with hot water, then cold, then hot, then cold, then luke warm.
smile.gif
I use a mud mask about once a week and then I use an exfoliate followed by a moisturizer maybe twice a month.

EmJay

Reaction score
I've found the MenScience wash to be pretty adept at keeping my skin smooth thanks to the BHAs and AHAs in it. I also like the aforementioned Kiehl's and AL Glycolic washes, along with the California North gel wash.

bakatora

Reaction score
bumping this: need to up my face wash game -- I vaguely recall a few other members talking about good face wash in the recent purchases thread on sw&d but no names were dropped.

looking for recommendations on some face care stuff -- I usually just use water.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
I need a face wash that's good in treating rosacea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads