• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wondering if i'm being screwed (paid cash for iphone and don't have it yet)

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably got the phone here:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You should poast in DT's moar.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
This paragraph alone is gold.

I truly do not wish anything bad to happen to you and I hope you get your money/iphone but goddamn you're a schmuck
!

Future Sig material.

GQ, don't you guys have the ability to buy online from reputable online retailers like NewEgg or Tiger Direct? I'm not sure if those two sell iphones but $775 seems awful high. I'm sure there are reputable online sellers for less than $775. Is there a problem for Canadian buyers?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Future Sig material.

GQ, don't you guys have the ability to buy online from reputable online retailers like NewEgg or Tiger Direct? I'm not sure if those two sell iphones but $775 seems awful high. I'm sure there are reputable online sellers for less than $775. Is there a problem for Canadian buyers?

i thought you could just go across the border to canada and get them for free.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Now, why the **** would you pay money and not get your goods right then, especially when it's $775 for an iPhone at a shady phone shop?
I paid the money before I knew it wasn't in stock. When the guy said he had them, I assumed he meant he had them in the store. It was only after I paid that he told me he didn't actually have one in stock. I thought he was just gonna go to the back of the store and bring me a box. After I paid, he said it would come in later in the day, and I assumed it was because they had them at the other store, which I had also been to in the past. I had bought my Razr there and a friend of mine that used to work at Rogers used to send all his corporate clients there for replacement phones. I knew another guy that used to order iphones from there to send to his customers. At that point in time, I still had every reason to trust him. I didn't hear about the rift between the two partners and all the other **** until this week. Up until then I wasn't worried. I actually had a friend call in today and ask if they had any iphones and he was told they were expecting an order in this afternoon. They didn't try to bait him in any way (like I would expect them to if they were scamming), so who knows, maybe their shipment just got fucked up and he was just telling me it would be in "tomorrow" because he was actually expecting them to come in. I guess it happens. It's a stupid way to deal with customers, but maybe that's actually what's going on. I am going to give it another day and then demand my money back.
Future Sig material. GQ, don't you guys have the ability to buy online from reputable online retailers like NewEgg or Tiger Direct? I'm not sure if those two sell iphones but $775 seems awful high. I'm sure there are reputable online sellers for less than $775. Is there a problem for Canadian buyers?
I never really looked. The only reason I did it this way was because I'm a little impulsive and I had been pining for a new phone for a while. When my mother showed up with the money, it was unexpected and I was close to the store, so i just said "*******, time to get an iphone." It was 685cdn + tax. For reference, a blackberry bold without a contract, directly from rogers, is 650+tax, so it's expensive, but not gouging. This is the new 3GS with 32GB. I might have been able to get it cheaper online somewhere, but after duty and taxes, the savings would have been marginal, by my experience.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
do you think "her dog's operation" is a code for "g33k's degheyification camp"?
lol8[1].gif
Best of luck G33k. Glad i have street smarts.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you tend to keep your phones a long time, what about these guys?

LoudRing, an official Rogers Agent

Granted, you need to sign a 3 year contract to get the $249 price for the Bold. But it seems a better deal ( for someone that keeps their phone a long time ) than the $650 plus tax you say Rogers quoted you.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you tend to keep your phones a long time, what about these guys?

LoudRing, an official Rogers Agent

Granted, you need to sign a 3 year contract to get the $249 price for the Bold. But it seems a better deal ( for someone that keeps their phone a long time ) than the $650 plus tax you say Rogers quoted you.

Kinda late. And that's the same price as from rogers with a 3yr (plus i wanted a 3gs and not a bold). :p

The overall price with and without a contract for 3 yrs service, including the price of the phone, is $2500 vs $2200 btw, so despite everyone freaking over 775, it's $300 cheaper than getting it as part of a new contract.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Kinda late. And that's the same price as from rogers with a 3yr (plus i wanted a 3gs and not a bold). :p

The overall price with and without a contract for 3 yrs service, including the price of the phone, is $2500 vs $2200 btw, so despite everyone freaking over 775, it's $300 cheaper than getting it as part of a new contract.

Its not $300 cheaper if you dont actually end up getting your iPhone from the shady shop...

K

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Its not $300 cheaper if you dont actually end up getting your iPhone from the shady shop...

K

+1. Common sense FTW.

g33k, if you wire me $1000 CAD I'll go to the shop and get your phone for you. Western Union, not Paypal.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
+1. Common sense FTW.

g33k, if you wire me $1000 CAD I'll go to the shop and get your phone for you. Western Union, not Paypal.

I know you're jsut getting your kicks in at this point (and it's working b/c i'm already irritated), but at the time I bought the phone, I knew people that had been doing business with these guys for an extended period of time and I had bought my previous phone there. When you have a prior relationship with someone and other people you know also do, your mind doesn't automatically race to the worst conclusion. I didn't know about all the shady **** until this week when i was bitching to someone that my iphone still wasn't in yet. I guess i'll find out tomorrow whether they're legit or not when they either give me my money or my phone. =/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads