• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Boots

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
I would love those NiCo's in all black

Nico Scrap Metal boot- ships with regular laces aswell

nice-collective-scrap-metal-boot-1.jpg

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I excitedly picked up the Band of Outsiders x Sperry Boiled Wool Boots for this year's evil Canadian winter. Unfortunately they're much too small (the 8.5 fits like a 7.5/8) - which is a shame because I absolutely love them.
sperry_top_sider_boiled_wool.jpg
I guess they'll be going up in Buy/Sell soon. Hopefully I'll find a trade. They are made in China, but I still think they're worth at least $200 (to me) and seem like they'd wear decently for a few years. I'd suggest them to anyone looking for something a bit different.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works boots. These are made by Chippewa and they are super high quality for $150 in my oppinion. I wore mine all last winter and they were excellent and stylish.

dsc2124az8.jpg

Get 'em here: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...rom=SR&feat=sr

I think I'm going to buy a pair of these. Can't beat the price, but I wish they'd used conventional eyelets throughout.

riraito

Reaction score
this thread makes me swoon.. and my bank account cringe

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of ll bean katahdin the other day. Can't wait for them to come
smile.gif

pokey07

Reaction score
Katahdins look a lot better than I previously thought.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was going to make this topic... thanks. These all look good, besides the BandxSperry abominations.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
I excitedly picked up the Band of Outsiders x Sperry Boiled Wool Boots for this year's evil Canadian winter. Unfortunately they're much too small (the 8.5 fits like a 7.5/8) - which is a shame because I absolutely love them.

Maybe I'm crazy, but when I think evil Canadian winter, wool high top boat shoes are about the furthest thing from my mind.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Suh-weet. If I only had an excuse too...

Winter's coming, there's your excuse. I'm a broke college student, but I still got them
smile.gif

pokey07

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of these worn with some jeans ?

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
Maybe I'm crazy, but when I think evil Canadian winter, wool high top boat shoes are about the furthest thing from my mind.

Well they are warm, but aren't really waterproof. At least they have lug soles. All the other boots in this thread are pretty useless if you're going to be walking in snow/ice.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For any of you guys looking for a high qaulity and true Winter boot -- take a look at my signature. I have another pair that just continues to perform up to the task of Northeast winters.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
For any of you guys looking for a high qaulity and true Winter boot -- take a look at my signature. I have another pair that just continues to perform up to the task of Northeast winters.

I think that's the same one Crane's store manager wears around his ranch. He posted pics in the Wolverine boot thread - said it's been through all kinds of muck and withstands everything.

Also, what up with Katahdin's sizing? Should one order dress shoe size or sneaker size? For example I wear 10.5 Clarks DB, Redwing, Varvatos, Paul Smith and 11 in New Balance sneaks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads