• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwsbbc
I would never wear cargo pants, but if I did, this is how I would wear them. The rest of the outfit is great. The shoes are very nice.

Come on, fess up - it's you on that picture, right?
smile.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
I actually like the rest of the outfit...it's just that the cargo pants kill it.

I don't like how his shirt fits him, too large all around. His wayfarer glasses have jumped the shark when you see 1 out of every 3 people on the streets of NYC wearing them. The unbuckled double monk screams affected. I don't like that watch with that outfit. I could do without the pen in his pocket, what does he have his bag for?? The unflapped left hip pocket is so cool I can't wrap my head around it
plain.gif

The shoes on their own are pretty nice though.

DutchDaedalus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
8249PittiBlue1Web.jpg
8249PittiGreyWeb.jpg

This guy looks phenomenal. Score for the Sartorialist.[/quote]

I dislike the shoe choice. Contrast is too big, it is distracting, black, chocolate brown or dark suede would have been better.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwsbbc
This look is from Mister Mort, but I felt it was worthy of posting in this forum.
mort.jpg
I give this man much credit for wearing cargo pants and not looking like a 4th grade boy.

Originally Posted by triniboy27
No.
+1
Originally Posted by gdl203
Major fail all around
+1
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
The only thing cargo boy has done right is use a Filson bag and even the bag is wearing him. Good God, I just noticed the pinky ring!
Bag is good; also belt and tie. Shoes and cargo pants are not

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Mister Mort needs to stop photographing hobos.
Who else would you photograph in NYC? Hipsters?

nozorro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Decrease the saturation by 50% and it's probably close to real life. It also looks better.

agreed. same here, it just doesn't look natural:

61609BrownBlue242Web.jpg

jcc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nozorro
agreed. same here, it just doesn't look natural:

61609BrownBlue242Web.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9w3_...elated#t=0m47s

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
I like it. Its different. Couldnt be a style forum member because this guy actually takes risks...

Yeah. And He probably took a lot of medical risks in his younger days.

Chim12

Reaction score
The Fruity Pebbles, where was this taken? I'm headed to Berlin in a few weeks and want to be sure it's still ok to go to Germany? Further to the East I hope....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads