• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Barbour Beaufort Flyweight jackets - same look, slimmer fit + much lighter

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wanted to give a head's up to those who love the look of Barbour waxed cotton jackets but hate the weight. boxiness or breathability of the original version

the new flyweight versions look almost identical, have a slimmer more modern cut, are much lighter and much more breathable than the regular versions. Fits much truer to size, too (you can rely on their sizing chart). I would be an XL in the original and yet the Flyweight's Large fits me perfectly and is much slimmer in the waist without being too slim. Not boxy at all any longer.

perfect for warmer climates like California

just bought one and was very impressed and you can find them on sale now on the Internet for half price
smile.gif

Orvis has them on sale at some of their stores right now, too (in-store sales only, not online)

Get the legendary fit and weatherproof protection of an iconic Barbour jacket with a slimmer cut and a lightweight, 4-oz. Sylkoil-wax-finished pure cotton fabric. A storm-flap-equipped two-way front zip shuts out the elements, while the pure cotton tartan lining in the body, sleeves, and hand-warmer pockets adds warmth on brisk days. Large outside bellows pockets. Mobile phone pocket and wallet pocket inside. Soft corduroy collar. Ventilation eyelets. In olive. Pure cotton. Wipe clean. UK.

0K16NW_lg.jpg

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Interesting... so $365 is the half price?

no, that's retail

the stores have them all marked down but they aren't marked down online so call the store to see if they have your size if interested

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked with the Atlanta Orvis store. They stock the Beaufort, but they're not on sale. What store(s) are you aware of that had them on sale? If you don't mind my asking, where on the internet can you get them for half off? Thanks.

stylemaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 518aata
I just checked with the Atlanta Orvis store. They stock the Beaufort, but they're not on sale. What store(s) are you aware of that had them on sale? If you don't mind my asking, where on the internet can you get them for half off? Thanks.

+1 would kop on the spot.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemaven
+1 would kop on the spot.

I actually paid $110 in the San Francisco store but the only sizes left were XXL I believe

might be worth calling just in case

I saw some this morning for $189 on the Internet but they didn't have the olive, just the tan color

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
I actually paid $110 in the San Francisco store but the only sizes left were XXL I believe

might be worth calling just in case

$110?! Great deal! I thought paying $235 for a "regular" Beaufort was a great deal back when I bought my Barbour back in February.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
$110?! Great deal! I thought paying $235 for a "regular" Beaufort was a great deal back when I bought my Barbour back in February.

yup,,,I was amazed at the price

might just be that they are getting rid of stock in that one store,,,,I'm not sure, but it's well under their cost

only had 2 XXL's left over the weekend but other Barbour items on sale at different discounts so worth a trip in for those in the Bay area

if somebody calls, post what they tell you is left, so that the store doesn't get a gazillion calls

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pair it with Trickers and you have a geriatric outfit for British retiree.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1

Are you sure it wasn't $120? I bought mine at the S. F. Orvis store for $120 two weeks ago that was marked down 70% from its original price of $400. All the polo and rugby shirts were also 70% off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads