• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 09

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Eh? Besides the usual pockets, there's a map pocket on the back, and another smaller pocket in the sleeve.

That's why I was confused. Could there be a more secret pocket, containing a creased, folded letter from Daiki, with all the mysteries of layering finally revealed...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bathtime
That's why I was confused. Could there be a more secret pocket, containing a creased, folded letter from Daiki, with all the mysteries of layering finally revealed...

Hahaha. You may be on to something...somone call Nicolas Cage! He did such a terrific job discovering mysteries involving our founding father's natural treasures, he might be able to unravel this one for us!

On a serious note, I love that WWM chambray shirt, and the mountain parka for that matter. I don't owneither, but damn their nice.

JO3B

Reaction score
i'm real glad my newport does not fit like that. i don't even mind having to alter it. i don't dig the cropped look with that jacket at all.

Walter Williams

Reaction score
Has anyone had a bad experience getting one of the wool(ish) jackets' sleeves altered? I would like to shorten and take in the sleeves of an engineer jacket, but the zigzag stitching gives me some concern.

WilliamTell

Reaction score
so the pants generally fit like an inch small in the waist, right?

do the cinch, cambridge, and fatigue pants fit differently? THe cinch pants look regular-slim to me and the fatigue's name would suggest a relaxed fit.

and the quilted cinch pants, how heavy is the lining?

are there any uk people down to proxy?

where will the fatigue pant be stocked?

sorry for all the questions and no contribution, but the grey herringbone looks amazing, and I'm curious about the grey wool denim vs. hb

JMK

Reaction score
Couple pages back, the shooting vest was being discussed, and at the time I agreed that there's really no place for this piece....anywhere. However, after checking it out layered over a Baker Jacket in Fig. 23 of the lookbook, I'm changing my mind. Anyone agree? Anyone able to scan a copy?

GarethY

Reaction score
Off topic and a long shot but I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I can still get my hands on a 30 in the Navy Madras Cinch Pant from this S/S09. Slept in.

Cheers

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Walter Williams
Has anyone had a bad experience getting one of the wool(ish) jackets' sleeves altered? I would like to shorten and take in the sleeves of an engineer jacket, but the zigzag stitching gives me some concern.
If you're concerned with the detail you could shorten the sleeve at the shoulder. It'll cost a pretty penny though. Shelled out $75 to take in the sleeves of a WWM Maine Guide Jacket the same way, but money well spent. Here's some of my fit pics of the 19th Century BD Shirt that Gary's carrying and the Wabash Shawl Collar Vest from Nomad (BTW, sorry for the crappy phone pics. The GF has my camera out of town).
IMG00370-20090824-2357.jpg
IMG00373-20090824-2359.jpg
IMG00369-20090824-2356.jpg
IMG00376-20090825-0000.jpg
IMG00379-20090825-0002.jpg
And some pics from Midland Ship of the Field Parka in Grey Wool Serge and the Bird Shooter, which is carried by Mauro.
eg_aw09fieldparka_sam.jpg
eg_aw09birdshooter_sam.jpg
eg_aw09fieldparka_11.jpg
Grey Wool Serge

hbornste

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Sateen Bedford? Is it shiny? I get a little nervous when I hear "Sateen". Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads