• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

one-off Bugatti Veyron Sang Bleu announced; world cringes

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, Zonda is almost not street legal! Its as close to a full on track car as possible. The Bugatti however is a good all around car.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
oh i certainly don't hate on bugatti sir. are you kidding me? voila, l'imaginaire:

bugatti.jpg

inlove.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
For track use this is not the best choice of car because of weight, and more straight road is better for trying to go top speed. Other machine such as Pagani Zonda, Gumpert Apollo, Koenigsegg make better performance when there are curves.
I was speaking more in reference to a closed oval, otherwise I see little possibilty of even flirting with idea of reach it's upper realm of speed.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
I don't think people who go to buy Veyron will often buy other car by Vw? Is not like large store which sell video game system and game for little profit to attract person to buy much other thing with more profit margin, loss leader type of thing.
Remember VW also owns Bentley and Lamborghini.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Remember VW also owns Bentley and Lamborghini.
Yes this is true, and even if they do not make profit just from selling the car there are many required periodic service after which cost much money!

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
Yes this is true, and even if they do not make profit just from selling the car there are many required periodic service after which cost much money!

hahaha you probably encapsulated their business plan right there

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB

I really don't think it handles that well at all. I'm not the biggest fan of these 4 wheel drive supercars, well, with the exception of the 911 Turbo. Personally I like a bit of oversteer in a supercar. The Veyron in my opinion is not a drivers car, more of a mixed breed. If i had gazzillions of dollars would i buy one? most likely but if i had to chose between this and a Mclaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo or F40 even, i would take any of the later.

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
I really don't think it handles that well at all. I'm not the biggest fan of these 4 wheel drive supercars, well, with the exception of the 911 Turbo. Personally I like a bit of oversteer in a supercar. The Veyron in my opinion is not a drivers car, more of a mixed breed. If i had gazzillions of dollars would i buy one? most likely but if i had to chose between this and a Mclaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo or F40 even, i would take any of the later.
What were your feelings on the differences in their handling? What did the Veyron feel like when you drove it compared to the F1? :p I think Clarkson does a great job of getting to the soul of most cars. It's not a purpose built car, and the fact that it does what it does is incredible. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...icle596580.ece Some excerpts:
Originally Posted by Clarkson
You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen. And then I reached the Alps where, unbelievably, it got better. I expected this road rocket to be absolutely useless in the bends but it felt like a big Lotus Elise. I also cannot tell you how good this car is. I just don’t have the vocabulary. I just end up stammering and dribbling and talking wide-eyed nonsense. And everyone thinks I’m on drugs. This car cannot be judged in the same way that we judge other cars. It meets drive-by noise and emission regulations and it can be driven by someone whose only qualification is an ability to reverse round corners and do an emergency stop. So technically it is a car. And yet it just isn’t. Other cars are small guesthouses on the front at Brighton and the Bugatti is the Burj Al Arab. It makes even the Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT feel slow and pointless. It is a triumph for lunacy over common sense, a triumph for man over nature and a triumph for Volkswagen over absolutely every other car maker in the world.

hws

Reaction score
I think that it is yes, amazing in some sense. VW have not spared anything to make this car. It is a very polished machine with fit and finish. But for the person who want to "feel" the car feedback similar to playing tennis using racquet without vibration dampener, or making sex without condom, this car is dampened, too gentle, compared to other exotic such as Koenigsegg which is more "brut."(English=raw?) And Jay Leno I hear is horrified that car such as this can be driven in full automatic. When I am in America I think is crazy much driver on the roads, who all can accelerate so fast with automatic transmission, no skill of any kind necessary, and this make the road crazy with stupid woman and other persons driving minivan and suv try to run you over while talk on mobile phone and do much other thing than concentrate to drive, scare the **** of me!
crazy.gif
In fact it seem much school not even teach student how to use manual transmission, only automatic!

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
I think that it is yes, amazing in some sense. VW have not spared anything to make this car. It is a very polished machine with fit and finish. But for the person who want to "feel" the car feedback similar to playing tennis using racquet without vibration dampener, or making sex without condom, this car is dampened, too gentle, compared to other exotic such as Koenigsegg which is more "brut."(English=raw?) And Jay Leno I hear is horrified that car such as this can be driven in full automatic. When I am in America I think is crazy much driver on the roads, who all can accelerate so fast with automatic transmission, no skill of any kind necessary, and this make the road crazy with stupid woman and other persons driving minivan and suv try to run you over while talk on mobile phone and do much other thing than concentrate to drive, scare the **** of me!
crazy.gif
In fact it seem much school not even teach student how to use manual transmission, only automatic!

do those women scare you with their ********?

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
do those women scare you with their ********?
Some have tit so big they not need any airbag!

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
But for the person who want to "feel" the car feedback similar to playing tennis using racquet without vibration dampener, or making sex without condom, this car is dampened, too gentle, compared to other exotic such as Koenigsegg which is more "brut."(English=raw?)

You're correct, it's not raw (brut). That isn't the point. If the car was stiff, uncomfortable, loud, and difficult to drive then it would be a one-trick pony, and would be a terrible car for everything except speed. The reason the Veyron is considered by most who have driven it to be the best car in the world is because it's none of those things.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
And Jay Leno I hear is horrified that car such as this can be driven in full automatic.

He's also a corporate shill. He said he hates the Enzo because it only came with a paddle shifter, preferring a manual in a supercar, but then said he loves his SLR, which is an automatic. Of course, this is the same guy that showed up at the Benz gala dinner at Pebble Beach with Stirling Moss.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
You're correct, it's not raw (brut). That isn't the point. If the car was stiff, uncomfortable, loud, and difficult to drive then it would be a one-trick pony, and would be a terrible car for everything except speed. The reason the Veyron is considered by most who have driven it to be the best car in the world is because it's none of those things.
No, I am agreeing with you that it is each person's preference, and if person want car with feedback maybe it is better buy other.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads