• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I've been really interested in your shirts since I heard about your place from the forums and after trying to decide on how your shirts would fit (mainly concerned about the length) I finally got a hold of one in a size small. When you posted that blue sunwashed chambray shirt a little bit ago I thought it looked awesome but you didn't have any smalls. As luck would have it, another forum member had one that he thought was too snug so I took it off his hands. I got it today and WOW, count me impressed with the material, fit, collar roll, buttons, etc. Total package.

The debate is over, the length works for me untucked for casual wear just as much as it does tucked. The fit is slim on my build (5'8", 150-155lbs.) and the back darting is icing on the cake to keep the back from billowing out. Overall a great slim fit shirt, without the shrunken look and overly restriveness that I would get with say BoO. You got a new customer here, and I'll definatey keep my eyes peeled on your new fall shipments. Great work! Fit pics soon...

EDIT: Added [awful] pics below:

No rolled sleeves
100_1046.jpg

100_1049.jpg

Rolled sleeves
100_1050.jpg

100_1051.jpg

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
3698493569_afd305447a_m.jpg

Burgundy/Navy Stripe
Another old-school style. 100% Pima cotton from the UK

Hey mike,

did this ever get made?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Hey Mike, I've been really interested in your shirts since I heard about your place from the forums and after trying to decide on how your shirts would fit (mainly concerned about the length) I finally got a hold of one in a size small. When you posted that blue sunwashed chambray shirt a little bit ago I thought it looked awesome but you didn't have any smalls. As luck would have it, another forum member had one that he thought was too snug so I took it off his hands. I got it today and WOW, count me impressed with the material, fit, collar roll, buttons, etc. Total package.

The debate is over, the length works for me untucked for casual wear just as much as it does tucked. The fit is slim on my build (5'8", 150-155lbs.) and the back darting is icing on the cake to keep the back from billowing out. Overall a great slim fit shirt, without the shrunken look and overly restriveness that I would get with say BoO. You got a new customer here, and I'll definatey keep my eyes peeled on your new fall shipments. Great work! Fit pics soon...

Thanks so much for the kind words tonio028! I'm really glad that a Small made it your way - it fits you spot on. We appreciate the pics!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Hey mike,

did this ever get made?

Good lookin' out! Yes, we got that earlier in the week. We're a little backlogged after our Panamanian adventures, so I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. I'll post a few pics tomorrow. Thanks man.

nonissue

Reaction score
yah tonio, that fits you really well.

can't wait to see that shirt mike.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
The debate is over...

I have had some report with Mike and I love his sense of customer service. I still have yet to purchase anything from him as I am always nervous with new brands. THANK YOU for posting the fit pic as you and I are almost the same size and I have wanted lend my moolah over to Mike as much as I try spread the good word. That pretty much sealed the deal for me and I can't wait to make my first purchase from him! The shirt looks great on you btw. I saw it a couple of days ago and I almost bought it too!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
that shirt looks great on you

Originally Posted by nonissue
yah tonio, that fits you really well.

can't wait to see that shirt mike.

Thanks, guys. The shirt fabric really is nice too, hard to describe but Mike's hi-res pics show it off really well.

Originally Posted by justtemple
I have had some report with Mike and I love his sense of customer service. I still have yet to purchase anything from him as I am always nervous with new brands. THANK YOU for posting the fit pic as you and I are almost the same size and I have wanted lend my moolah over to Mike as much as I try spread the good word. That pretty much sealed the deal for me and I can't wait to make my first purchase from him! The shirt looks great on you btw. I saw it a couple of days ago and I almost bought it too!

Glad I could help and we do have similar measurements. That was my problem, the lack of forum members posting fit pics for reference so I thought that others could benefit from them and happy it did.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit looks good, tonio.

To all those who've been on the fence about these shirts, keep in mind that Mike has a great 14-day return policy.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alright, closed the shop, wheeled out my ghetto photo setup, and took a few shots of the new arrivals. They are 100% Pima cotton (UK import) and available in sizes Small through XLarge. I'll have them on our site tomorrow, but feel free to PM me if you want to order one directly before then. May I present:

Navy/Burgundy Stripe: $130
Spread Collar, Plastic pearlized buttons
This one came out really awesome. Works as a casual shirt or a dress shirt. Looks fantastic with a navy blazer.

3844284550_63de790775.jpg

3844279064_477bd0e7db.jpg

View Larger

Full Shirt
Fabric Detail

Blue/Black Stripe: $130
Spread Collar, Plastic pearlized buttons
A classic and simple pattern.

3844284036_4d69d679d2.jpg

3844278746_04521ce066.jpg

View Larger

Full Shirt
Fabric Detail

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Hmm, I'm looking forward to the boot unveiling. Also, Mike, I received the burgundy oxford in the mail as well and again, couldn't be happier as this one is a beauty too. I offer more fit pics (with fresh wrinkles and yes it is paired with a new Gilt purchase from a recent sale
blush.gif
) and a fabric close up below. Great product.

Business?
100_1122.jpg

Casual?
100_1124.jpg

Fabric (love it)
100_1126.jpg

SPK

Reaction score
Tonio is that a size small? I think i'm around your size.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
Tonio is that a size small? I think i'm around your size.

Yeah man, size small. Though if you're looking for this one in particular, I believe I snagged the last one.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopping machineeee... which Acnes are those?

Also, stop posting fit pics. You're creating more competition for the smalls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads