• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do your friends dress

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my friends posts on sufu and wears redwings, jawns and other repro stuff from SE/BiG, and also some Lanvin, YSL, and other generally sf-approved stuff. Another friend posts here and is pretty well dressed. I also have some ****/hipster/**** hipster friends who obviously try but wear all their clothes a couple sizes too small. The rest of my friends are pretty normal looking, except for one who dresses like a Crip.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
heh, I laughed
smile.gif
getting laid > shopping AFTER drinks and cigars imo

Many times I've shopped before drinks but I don't think I'd do it with internet dudes + no chicks. Seems kind of strange to me.

Shopping with chicks for their stuff is ****, for yours is an awful experience.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the high-fashiony hipster-type in the bunch. Go figure.

Gets me alot of chicks though since I always stand out from my friends. HAHA.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
One of my friends posts on sufu and wears redwings, jawns and other repro stuff from SE/BiG, and also some Lanvin, YSL, and other generally sf-approved stuff. Another friend posts here and is pretty well dressed. I also have some ****/hipster/**** hipster friends who obviously try but wear all their clothes a couple sizes too small. The rest of my friends are pretty normal looking, except for one who dresses like a Crip.

pics of c style representin midwest

i used to c walk all over chi

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends/bandmates dress aaiight. Mostly mod/punkish w/ classic rock & roll overtones. One dude's way too LA/Entourage, another tries to copy every single ******* item I wear almost. Very annoying. Overall, they pay attention to what they wear and have pretty good taste.

They notice my style and sometimes comment. All but one trips on my need to keep acquiring newer and fresher gear. Like GS, he drops endless amounts of loot on all things MIE Fred Perry and modular in general. Looks damn good for a big ass ex-punk too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
Friends/bandmates dress aaiight. Mostly mod/punkish w/ classic rock & roll overtones. One dude's way too LA/Entourage, another tries to copy every single ******* item I wear almost. Very annoying. Overall, they pay attention to what they wear and have pretty good taste.

They notice my style and sometimes comment. All but one trips on my need to keep acquiring newer and fresher gear. Like GS, he drops endless amounts of loot on all things MIE Fred Perry and modular in general. Looks damn good for a big ass ex-punk too.

Sounds like a certain ghulkhan I know.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doin' Fine.
Most of my buddies dress like your average high school student, seeing as they're all your average high school students. Some of my friends are committed hypebeasts, while some are just brandwhores. Most of my friends think I'm fresh as hell, despite the fact that I'm pretty much average on teh SF standard. I've actually influenced some of them to dress a bit better, which means they now blow all their money at H&M rather than Hollister. Bu then most of the people I'm good with beyond my usual circle don't really care.
Pretty much the same here, skinny jeans have hit L.A. hard so most guys wear Levis 511s or an equivlent and flannels from surf shops and ****. But I'm really the only one at my school that wears quality denim and button downs regularly, with the exception of one kid who I have seen in Nudies. He should be dressing better considering his dad is a pretty well known fashion designer, Richard Tyler. Girls at my school are either Brand Whores or wanna-be hipsters who shop at UO, with the exception of weird asian anime girls. There is one friend of mine, and she dresses pretty well and spends about as much or more on clothes than i do, considering her Mom is in the industry. As for their reaction, I do get complements but people never really ask how much I spend on ****. I do get the occasional guy who says something stupid about my clarks or something. A couple of my friends do care about what they look like so they do dress okay, and I have been trying to convert a couple of them.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three of my good friends lurk sf. They're still in the sf uniform phase.
They all think I sell drugs to fund my wardrobe lol.

Kodiak

Reaction score
I think almost all of my friends are hipsters and dress like it, although a couple still dress like skaters.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
They don't care about details but they certainly care about looking alright. I don't think I could be friends with people who care about what they wear like I do.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
1. They dress like most of the rest of middle-class America
2. They couldn't care less about what I wear or what I spend on clothes

+1

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Girls:
C) Marc Jacobs Collection, Marni, Margiela, Dries
A) J Crew, Club Monaco, Designer Jeans
K) Random women's Co-Op brands

Boys:
A) Yoko Devereaux, Common Projects
C) CdG, Ann D, Raf, Dries, Margiela
L) Ralph Lauren, Rugy, DSquared2

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
1. like 7th graders
2. i doubt they pay attention. their wives apprecitate it, though.

1. Like 10th graders
2. I get called "gay", strange, "too-dressed-up", "hey dude, what's with the dressing man?", etc. by men/boys and girls and get compliments from (grown-up, upscale) women.

I did convert someone from skulls and bones. Now he gets many compliments from women...
smile.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. They all get custom things made or their rooms are filled with racks of suits, etc.

One or two are style-conscious but not exceedingly concerned with attire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads