• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 3 Discussion

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
Anyone else catch the bar guy's resemblance to Pete?

Don alpha male'd the senile father-in-law situation big time. Looks like he's already regretting it, however.

Roger's daughter's wedding is going to be the day after JFK's assassination. I've been curious about they're going to handle that.

Really random commercial cuts tonight.
Also, could have used more office and less Daddy-issues (Mona/Roger, Betty/Gene). Joan was looking exceptionally good, though.

Very frustrating. I was trying to unpack during breaks but could only get one T-shirt out of the luggage before the show came back on.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the potential of where Peggy is going in the show - her confidence is very high compared to last season, and I have a feeling that she is the type of character that plays it slow and steady during her evolution, ultimately becoming powerful and influential.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i've heard matthew weiner only wants the show to go 5 seasons.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I love the potential of where Peggy is going in the show - her confidence is very high compared to last season, and I have a feeling that she is the type of character that plays it slow and steady during her evolution, ultimately becoming powerful and influential.

her singing the song in front of the mirror was too damn funny..

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the english boss wearing the dark grey bd with the dark solid tie and white shirt - was that a pearl tie pin? very cool look.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
her singing the song in front of the mirror was too damn funny..

I think she's figuring out what sex appeal is all about. But it was funny - a very candid moment.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
that was my guess, the missus thought it was just oral

I thought she gave him a **** but the girlfriend jokingly said that she didn't think oral was invented yet
laugh.gif

cadillac37

Reaction score
Draper looked quite good in the scene near the end at the school maypole thing. Nice subtle windowpane, and those were great sunglasses.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cadillac37
Draper looked quite good in the scene near the end at the school maypole thing. Nice subtle windowpane, and those were great sunglasses.

Yup. And eyefucking the fairy chick...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone is being very generous - I bet she didn't go any farther than a *******.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
i've heard matthew weiner only wants the show to go 5 seasons.

that would be a good idea, most shows need closure, esp dramas

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cadillac37

I thought the same. Draper seems in command in nearly every situation, even when he's just a spectator.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
I thought the same. Draper seems in command in nearly every situation, even when he's just a spectator.

I liked how he talked to his brother in law

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads