• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those images for the blue suede alden shoes were viewed so many times that my photobucket account is suspended until the end of the month.
confused.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ hahaha

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Please post back up the navy suedes on somewhere like imgur.com. The villagers demand these!

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Has anybody seen these bad boys in person? Is it worthy of my dollars? Customer service told me the color is "greyish brown" so am not sure if I'll like it.

AF64_view03.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Has anybody seen these bad boys in person? Is it worthy of my dollars? The store told me the color is "greyish brown" so am not sure if I'll like it.
Yes, they're even cooler in person. The color is pretty accurate in the photo, from what I remember.

I want a pair, but I don't have a need for them right now.

kashuken

Reaction score
Has anybody seen these bad boys in person? Is it worthy of my dollars? Customer service told me the color is "greyish brown" so am not sure if I'll like it.

Got the AF64 early June has been wearing them like 4-5 days a week. The oiled leather is really nice and easy to take care of. The vibram sole may be a bit too chunky (and gnarly) for some people, but I really like them. Adam is a really nice guy to deal with as well.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kashuken
Got the AF64 early June has been wearing them like 4-5 days a week. The oiled leather is really nice and easy to take care of. The vibram sole may be a bit too chunky (and gnarly) for some people, but I really like them. Adam is a really nice guy to deal with as well.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any pics you can post? Especially from the side so I can see exactly how chunk the sole is, and otherwise I'd love to see how they have aged. Thanks!

kashuken

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with lighting but the actual color is somewhat lighter than the one without flash. Two applications of obenauf's has darkened the boots a bit as well.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
My new Cigar LWB. No reason for the post other than to say I am pleased with my purchase and the service at Alden-of-Carmel is outstanding!

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the uppers on that boot...not sure about that chunky sole though. Probably a killer winter boot however and I wouldn't mind having a pair for that purpose.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kashuken
I'm having trouble with lighting but the actual color is somewhat lighter than the one without flash. Two applications of obenauf's has darkened the boots a bit as well.

Thanks a bunch for posting. The sole is bigger than I was expecting but I also love the uppers. I bought a pair of J Crew Redwing rugged classic boots in dark wood color and was thinking about returning them and getting these instead. I think I'll stick with what I have.

And to the poster with the cigar shell
worship.gif

videocrew

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for posting. The sole is bigger than I was expecting but I also love the uppers. I bought a pair of J Crew Redwing rugged classic boots in dark wood color and was thinking about returning them and getting these instead. I think I'll stick with what I have.

And to the poster with the cigar shell
worship.gif

Get a pair of the Leathersoul Ultimate Indies. Same upper, but in a more attractive, less rugged finish and a much more refined sole that still has some tread.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Get a pair of the Leathersoul Ultimate Indies. Same upper, but in a more attractive, less rugged finish and a much more refined sole that still has some tread.

Just looked at their site, that vintage ultimate Indy looks interesting.Will contact them to see what kind of stock they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads